Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Critique my position
Quote | Reply
Well, it's my turn here :-) I have two bikes and two different positions. Which should I pick!?

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
second position looks better to me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Well your seat is too high...really, esp in the top pic. Bottom one looks a little less stretched maybe more comfy, but not sure if that translates to faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is too much stuff on the counter. And the bikes are not lined up right in the dining room ;-)

I do love that helmet though!!

:-P
Last edited by: PoolDog: Sep 26, 07 10:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You look a little stretched in the first picture and perhaps a tad high with your seat. Perhaps a shorter stem or move the arm pads back a little (depending on brand).

Is that PR's old Specialized?

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two red X's.

And when I click "properties" it says the pics are linked to Facebook? Can you paste them some other way? I'd assume it's work computer blocking Facebook.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The grey shorts look better.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I don't know about the position. But I gotta respect the courage of an adult who has lawn furniture in his living room and isn't afraid to show it.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well your seat is too high...really, esp in the top pic.
I agree.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, but... I'm a triathlete and like it that way! ;-)

I've changed it since I took that picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one with jonnyo's knee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well, it's my turn here :-) I have two bikes and two different positions. Which should I pick!?
The faster one.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you're saying that a knee angle of 147° and 143° with respect to the pics is too large?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does one bike have a textbook under the front wheel and the other does not?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bottom picture is too far off perspective to get an accurate angle measurement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same helmet and the same tendency to push it up on my head to try and get the tail closer to my back. Not therefore in a position to criticize but if you fell off you could easily hit your forehead before the helmet.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think by squaring up the picture, the knee angle would be even lower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So you're saying that a knee angle of 147° and 143° with respect to the pics is too large?

jaretj

Take a look at the position of Paulo's foot: he's avoiding overextending his knee joint by flexing his ankle more than he really should, at least for a triathlete (a seat that high might be okay for a match sprinter, and/or if these weren't static pics).
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Sep 26, 07 10:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That carpet is hideous. Ever hear of artwork?

The Hooker would be even better with a new paintjob

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why does one bike have a textbook under the front wheel and the other does not?
Dual 650C wheels on the Hooker - the front wheel needs to be propped up to achieve the same orientation as the Specialized (actually, both bikes should have something under their front wheels; the Hooker just needs to be raised more).
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hooker is 650c, the Specialized is 700c.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never really found a definite foot angle to shoot for. I haven't seen it in the bike fit section. In addition to that I haven't seen any info as to the pro's and con's of higher/lower heels.

I do feel more powerfull when I have me heel down but I've never taken pictures while I was training on the road.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be. But the "seat too high" reference was more for the top picture than the bottom. He's also sitting on the saddle differently in the second position and in a slightly different point of the pedal cycle. I just don't understand the usefulness of trying to put a protractor up and comparing two very different pictures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like you're too stretched out on the Specialized. Look at the angle of your arms and the differences in your elbow positions on the pads. In #1 you're almsot chasing the bar ends as opposed to laying your hands on them in #2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

jaretj

Take a look at the position of Paulo's foot: he's avoiding overextending his knee joint by flexing his ankle more than he really should, at least for a triathlete (a seat that high might be okay for a match sprinter, and/or if these weren't static pics).
Not static pictures. But I agree, seat was too high, I just had to see it. As usual, a seat that is too high feels fine to the rider.
Quote Reply

Prev Next