Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my fit
Quote | Reply
So now it is my turn to take the plunge and open up to critizism from the best. Been working on my fit for the past few weeks, and so far this is where I've gotten. Pretty comfortable so far but haven't done many rides and nothing over 60 min. I’m a FOP runner and race mainly IM and looking to be FOP on the bike as well.
I'm 193cm (6'4) and around 80kg (a couple more now during the off season). In the video I'm around 240w.
Bike is a 56cm P4 with Tririg alpha one bars and 175 cranks.
Apologies for the poor quality video.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Oct 29, 19 16:38
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your seats too high

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cranks are too long.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I would try achieve a 90 degree arm angle at elbows and shoulders as a start. You are super low in front end, maybe come up a bit so you can generate better power. Drop the seat and touch and jam it forward to help achieve it:

So to summarize

Seat down and forward
Bars up a bit
Arm Angle 90 degrees at shoulder and elbow (even less from elbow angle if you want to go high hands.
I think crank length is fine as your are so tall

Nice p4, love those.
Last edited by: Gilliga: Oct 29, 19 15:58
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will try that tomorrow and get a new video. I have noticed my power down a bit in this position, but thought it was mainly because I wasn’t used to it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you always ride at about 70 rpms? IF not, maybe post up a shot of you peddling how you actually race, can't imagine that is what we are looking at right now..Other suggestions are good so far, but I will wait to see the finished product... (-;
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do err on the low side of cadences, but this was too low, sorry for that. Here is another video were the cadence is a bit higher.

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay here I have dropped the seat a bit, saddle is now as far forward as it ca be, also raised the bars a bit. Grateful for any further comments.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your cockpit tightened down all the way or slightly loose for ease of adjusting?

Because, man, does it look flexy.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better but still seems a bit high to me. Curious what the pro fitters will say. Could be a few things giving that impression - Still some hip wobbling, although your knee flexion doesn't look too out of the ordinary it seems like you are pointing/reaching your toe.

Could be the fact you are a just a toe pointer, could be a knee tracking thing going on (does your heel move, particularly on upstroke does your heel track "in", any knee pain?) Could be the longer cranks showing some effect too.

If you shoot another video, a shot with a helmet and from the front could be helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you not take vertical videos?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, here is a horizontal video.

doublea334 wrote:
Is your cockpit tightened down all the way or slightly loose for ease of adjusting?

Because, man, does it look flexy.
It was slightly loose in the previous video, have tightened it now. But my extensions are very long so quite a bit of flex in them, will prob shorten them an inch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Are you a time trialist or triathlete?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlete, looking to KQ next year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:

Kona slots are *received* by people who do things right and do the right things. Posting to random people on a forum doesn’t seem to fit that framework.

That said, your seat looks a little too far forward now to my eye, and still too high. Your camera is slightly off of perpendicular so it’s hard to say.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand that, and will go to a fitter when possible, even though there aren’t tons around where I live. Not sure how asking for critique and advice from people here doesn’t fit that bill though.
Will try lowering the seat a bit, moving seat back and pads back by the same amount tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Kona slots are *received* by people who do things right and do the right things. Posting to random people on a forum doesn’t seem to fit that framework.
What? How is he not doing the right thing right now by asking for fit advice? Seems a bit unnecessary.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
oscaro wrote:

What? How is he not doing the right thing right now by asking for fit advice? Seems a bit unnecessary.

He’s doing the right things, but not doing things right.

In this case.

Make sense?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Okay here I have dropped the seat a bit, saddle is now as far forward as it ca be, also raised the bars a bit. Grateful for any further comments.

Hey this looks way better today, just tinker with it a bit based on feel from here. You are a tall person with long limbs so it can be hard to get your fit nailed, so dont be scared to taken some tools out on the road and stop often make fine adjustments over and over till you feel good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Its up to you but I like my elbows more in-line with my shoulders, yours are a in front, but its about what works and feels good for you, so I'm not sure if you can bring the elbow pads or stem back towards you, just try it out see how it feels.

There is no universal perfect fit for everyone, its what works best for you
Quote Reply