Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my fit
Quote | Reply

Interested in any thoughts.

This bike has been damaged and is now a trainer only bike so I will be upgrading in the next 6-9 months (will book a fit prior to that)

Mainly doing Olympic and the occasional 70.3.

Struggle with comfort in the nether region and also get a bit sore between the shoulder blades (rhomboids?) after a while in aero..

ISM PN1.1 saddle, 175mm cranks (want shorter but need to find PM of right length)

House needs cleaning, wall needs painting, need to lose 10kg, etc..

Cheers!!

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frame is too small...
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that might be the case..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if you have any extension but if you do extend as far as you can go for a start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
half of your fit is good, and half of your fit is bad.

your frame is too too too small. Who convinced you that you needed that small of a frame and what did they say to convince you? I'm always interested in hearing this.

Longer stem, max out the reach of your pads. You're tilting arms just for tilting's sake, and are doing none of the things that it's actually supposed to achieve.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

your frame is too too too small. Who convinced you that you needed that small of a frame and what did they say to convince you? I'm always interested in hearing this.

Longer stem, max out the reach of your pads. You're tilting arms just for tilting's sake, and are doing none of the things that it's actually supposed to achieve.

Eric

Based on that response, it sounds all bad to me!!! haha

The bike is 10 years old and was purchased after I had done some basic googling of bike sizes to height, used the competitive cyclist calculator etc..

The main factor however was price. Interestingly I have had 2 different fits on it and neither has said it is too small despite me leading them down that track.... need to find a new fitter it seems..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Eric

Can you further expand on what tilt is suppose to achieve?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Climb11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Climb11 wrote:
Can you further expand on what tilt is suppose to achieve?
I'm sure Eric can give a more scientific answer but in my case, tilt has allowed me to be in a longer, lower position without feeling like I'm sliding forward. With my elbow cups tilted and hands high, my body is more locked in. The difference as I see it in OP's tilt is that when your shoulders are so directly above the elbows anyway, as is neccesitated by the small frame, the tilt isn't actually helping anything positionally. Also from an aero perspective (and keeping in mind you never actually know what tilt if any is best unless you can get into a wind tunnel), OP's "high" hands don't actually precede the head as far as air flow is concerned.

Note that in the photo above his hands essentially start the flow of air around his body before his helmet, in effect making one pointed surface for the wind to hit rather than two (hands and head).

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotchya. Not relative to this post/fit, but is there an advantage to being longer? 90ishdegrees (at the shoulders) for me seems the most supported whether tilted or not. Am I giving something up by not stretching out more?
Last edited by: Climb11: Jul 15, 19 20:21
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. makes sense
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Climb11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graeme Obree set the superman trend of being longer that everyone copied until the UCI banned it. Here's an interesting video to watch...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9H0INZ2_s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Longer stem and moved pads has given me about 30mm and can go further but I think these old vuka clips require me to remove cables to do that.

I've got some 165mm cranks coming to replace these 175s

Last edited by: flight<bird: Aug 3, 19 1:01
Quote Reply