Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my Fit
Quote | Reply
Greetings ST. My old bike (now designated trainer bike) was a 2012 Cervelo P2. I got a Retul fit from a LBS before I learned about the F.I.S.T. method. Leading up to Ironman Arizona 2019 I dealt with a bit of ITBS when running, but never felt discomfort on bike. When I got my new QR PRFour, I did my best to recreate my fit specs from the data I was provided. I had many many good and relatively comfortable training rides in the lead up to race day. During the race, however, I began feeling discomfort from the ITBS early in the bike. By the end of the bike, it was full-blown pain, which made the run delightful.

Could this have been due to my sub-optimal fit job, or was it my dumb luck that it chose that particular bike ride to flare up?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit [weakandpuny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any change to pedal system or cleats when you went to the new bike (I'm guessing "no")?

Not enough info, but I'm doubting it was fit related. Lots of things come into play in a race, and the thing with ITBS is that it's "self energizing" (it rubs and gets inflamed...which makes it rub more....which leads to more inflammation...) so some small tweak might have set it off.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: May 5, 20 15:09
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. Pedals and cleats remained the same.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is no way to know anything based on that picture other than your bike might be too small for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really love the bike, so I'll have to start eating less. lol. Perhaps I can get video at some point. Thx.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very doubtful that it was dumb luck. How long were your training rides leading up?

Seat too high or at too steep an incline can often cause it. Could also be from cleats being too close together or any number of other issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, if you want real answers you'll have to provide more data. There is a good thread about how to take a proper fit video and it should be used as a reference point.

By too small I really mean you will run out of length, horizontally, is what I am guessing. But it's impossible to say based on a static photo like yours.

Here is my version of that photo (you also can't really tell anything about my fit based on this one photo)

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple 100 milers, plus numerous in the 70-90 mi range.

Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your reply (kinda) helps me understand better. I'm still extremely fit-ignorant. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What crank arm length do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cranks are 165.

Quote Reply