Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my Fit - New to Tri
Quote | Reply
Hi - I have been following and reading slowtwitch since more than a year and finally I decided to post.
Having seen all the good comments on bike fit topics, I decided to have a go an create my own :)

Hope you guys can help. Fit was home made and I plan to go trough a proper bike fit session if necessary.

Bike: Cervelo P2
Seat: Fizik Tritone
Cockpit: Standard P2 Vision
Pedals: Garmin Vector 2
Helmet: Lazer Wasp

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w3921rPBRMvIRZZWF7swD0KIBjcjfHT9/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,
Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit - New to Tri [Cadu_FinlandTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Insert standard slowtwitch reply here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not too bad.

Saddle is too high - needs to be dropped 10-15 mm.

If you do that, I'd recommend getting a -17 stem and get 1 cm longer than you have now.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit - New to Tri [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like your ideas.

Riffing off of that idea... what about sliding his saddle back as well as lowering it? "Slam" him a bit and really get him properly situated on what I think is a Fizik Mistica saddle. Then, with your longer stem, and perhaps going to a low profile dust cap for the headset, he'd really be cooking with gas.

Eric

Edit: after we're done with him he'll probably need to transition from a classic P2 to a classic P3

trentnix wrote:
Not too bad.

Saddle is too high - needs to be dropped 10-15 mm.

If you do that, I'd recommend getting a -17 stem and get 1 cm longer than you have now.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Dec 15, 18 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my Fit - New to Tri [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the comments. I will make the adjustments to saddle height and position and will try to post a new video.
For the low profile dust cap and longer stem it might take a bit of time for getting those

It is always great to see the quality of the comments on the fitting topics.

Thanks,
Carlos
Quote Reply