Prev Next
Re: Critique me [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who did rappstar's position again? ;)

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your water bottles clash horribly with the color of your bike....I would get white or black ones.

Also, I don't think your hands need to come up....I think they will be fine when you level the bike out.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
electusunus wrote:
Who did rappstar's position again? ;)

I have no idea. I'm sure he's received input from several sources throughout the years.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm suprised your subjecting yourself too, but I like the fact that you think there is room for improvement; never stop learning. I wonder how many opinions would change if they knew you had a sub 5:30 bike split and sub 3:10 run at IMWI last year.

Stalker out

Rather than look back and say "why?", look forward and say "why not?!"
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree chair rail is okay and the walls do not need to be separate colors. It is meant to save the wall from marks. I also do like the curved entry way into the room. But dose there really need to be a little picture frame hung on it ? Speaking of rollers I am getting on them now before dinner. Just to spin the legs out a bit.

Quote | Reply
I think he posted on tri forum on ST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if for a 40k(which i am sure it is not) you should be lower, shrug better and get elbows narrower. elbows appear to be wide(2-D) so can't be sure. saddle may need to come down, the photo is not at bottom of stroke yet, but leg looks like it shouldn't get anymore extension
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike is level

Aero helmet

No static pictures as I can't beat the timer and the dog refuses to help.

Two perspectives:

First saddle lower 75mm (judging from the ticks on my seatpost)

http://www.sentania.net/misc/lower.avi

Second: saddle lower and moved back a touch over 2cm -

http://www.sentania.net/misc/lower-back.avi

Realized the image quality on tinypic isn't nearly as good as it is on my PC - any better place to upload them (that isn't youtube)?
Last edited by: sentania: Jul 16, 15 6:07
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [twack26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is why more people should pay attention to people like him, Adam Zucco, and some others. Great examples of good age groupers who have really excelled by refining every little thing. IMO it is some of these guys who are more important to look to opposed to many pros out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
still too high for TTing, don't know about IM. Head is up really high
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
electusunus wrote:
That is why more people should pay attention to people like him, Adam Zucco, and some others. Great examples of good age groupers who have really excelled by refining every little thing.

How do you know that the reason they're top age-groupers is due to "refining every little thing?"

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because I research athletes to death and I have watched them over the years and seen their improvements. The names mentioned have done a good job of overall improvement over the years. Maybe it isn't due to refining every little detail. But how would you explain their almost meteoric rise in the sport. Seems like persistence, consistency, and their attention for detail to me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
electusunus wrote:
Because I research athletes to death and I have watched them over the years and seen their improvements. The names mentioned have done a good job of overall improvement over the years. Maybe it isn't due to refining every little detail. But how would you explain their almost meteoric rise in the sport. Seems like persistence, consistency, and their attention for detail to me.

So you're a student of mediocrity. That's an interesting angle.

At age-group level, where the level of competition is low in a general sense, the best athlete can be the hard-working athlete with not a lot of talent, the lazy athlete with a lot of talent, and every possible combination in between. Therefore, for as much research you do, it will be virtually impossible for you to determine how that "meteoric" rise was achieved.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me clarify. I chose to omit exactly what you are asking because it could be viewed as insulting. I do not think the names represent people who have unbelievable talent or even great talent. They were average age groupers who reached the top of the food chain thru elements I described above. Since the average triathlete is just that - average - I would suggest they pay attention to these names as a general formula for success. But who I am to speak - I don't have any worthy credentials :(

As for me I am not a student of mediocrity and I don't tolerate mediocrity around me. I am just the opposite.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
electusunus wrote:
Let me clarify. I chose to omit exactly what you are asking because it could be viewed as insulting. I do not think the names represent people who have unbelievable talent or even great talent. They were average age groupers who reached the top of the food chain thru elements I described above. Since the average triathlete is just that - average - I would suggest they pay attention to these names as a general formula for success. But who I am to speak - I don't have any worthy credentials :(

As for me I am not a student of mediocrity and I don't tolerate mediocrity around me. I am just the opposite.

By definition, there's no opposite to mediocrity.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only see such things as success or failure. To me mediocrity is failure - therefore I meant success.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is another set of pictures - in addition the the "lower" and "lower-back" videos I posted.

A decent quality video of the same position:

http://www.sentania.net/misc/lower-mid.avi

Thanks for your thoughts thus far.
Last edited by: sentania: Jul 16, 15 6:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Saddle needs to go down a good chunk, maybe as much as 1.5cm.
- Front end needs to go down as much as 4cm.
- Saddle needs to go fwd by 1-2cm, depending on how much the front end will lower.
- Head position needs to be more like the first pic you posted.
- Straps on the helmet need to be adjusted for a more "turtled" head position.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to be sure - your comments are in reference to the "lower-mid" photo/video?

Visualizing your suggestions in my head seems like it turn out well.

Can do the saddle height/lateral, but will be a bit for me to get my hands on a 100/10 stem - what would be the priority suggestions being that the front end is as low as it will go until I swap the stem - lower the saddle and save the moving forward until I can go lower in the front?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, your position looks pretty good. Your saddle might be a touch too high, but thats it.

If you feel you can go lower in the front without sacrificing power or making your helmet dig into your back then do it, otherwise stick to the current position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Just to be sure - your comments are in reference to the "lower-mid" photo/video?

Visualizing your suggestions in my head seems like it turn out well.

Can do the saddle height/lateral, but will be a bit for me to get my hands on a 100/10 stem - what would be the priority suggestions being that the front end is as low as it will go until I swap the stem - lower the saddle and save the moving forward until I can go lower in the front?

Yes. the pic/video with the aerohelmet.

What you need is this stem here:

Lowering the saddle now would be good. As an intermediate position, might be worth to lower the saddle about 1-1.5cm and move it backwards 0.5-1cm. Once you get the proper stem, that will change.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Stem is on order, will post more pics when it's here.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely could stand to drop your noggin out of the airstream
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll see what a different stem let's us do.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bonesbrigade wrote:
Your seat is a bit high.

The molding part way up the wall is a little tacky regardless of the "century old home" excuse.

In this use, I believe the proper spelling would be moulding.......

And the pictures look out of level, IMHO........

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Rockin' the W in 2013!! Wattie Ink Elite Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next