Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique My Fit - If You Please!
Quote | Reply

Well, THIS feels wrong: I almost never help anybody on Slowtwitch, and here I now sit, asking for your precious time. In my defense, I'd be DELIGHTED to critique the bejeebus out of your fit, if only I knew jack. But I DON'T know jack. So here I am, helmet in hand...

I was fit on this bike at Element Chicago (may they rest in peace) in 2019. Have since gotten adjustable aero extensions that offer more options. I am 5'10" / 163lbs with what I have been led to believe are normal proportions. This 2018 speed concept is Medium. Cranks are shimano 170. Bike is a 1X - but does this matter? Regardless, I'm beginning to think it was idiotic to film the non-drivetrain side. I see that I am bouncing a bit. Problem? Also, my elbows want to creep forward a bit. Seat too high?

Very grateful for any comments, particularly hostile or off-topic ones, as my goal in triathlon is to suffer, always.

Wishing you all well!! And owing you one.
Last edited by: JBres: Apr 11, 21 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Fit - If You Please! [JBres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What saddle are you using?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My humble non-expert opinion:

Raise saddle 5mm
Raise bars 10mm. (5 to match the saddle raise, 5 extra for comfort if needed, but also to possibly help elbow creep)
Push arm pads 5mm further out.

Interested to see how far off the experts say I am. :)
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 11, 21 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Fit - If You Please! [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jim - I should have specified: ISM PN 3.0
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Fit - If You Please! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck, export or not, you seem on the right track to me. Just days ago I lowered the seat 5mm, thinking that would resolve the elbow creep (which isn't terrible... something I would scarcely notice with bare elbows on the pads). Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by: JBres: Apr 11, 21 11:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd raise the saddle 7-10mm and angle the bars up 5°-10°. Maybe push them out a bit, and practice relaxing.... like a drunk at a bar whose displaying the a upper body slouch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the first “critique my fit’ in years where we need to say to raise the saddle instead of ‘your seai is too high’ phrase :-) :-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Fit - If You Please! [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like the idea of angling the bars a bit more - thanks FF! And agree on the need to shrug.
Quote Reply