Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique My Bike Fit - Small Rider
Quote | Reply
Is there anything that I can improve on with the fitting? Currently no pain issue, but I am of smaller build (5'3). Should I go slightly more aggressive?

https://drive.google.com/...S4UdcY_uwL1Em4HXmw4k
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Bike Fit - Small Rider [skyjuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slightly?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Bike Fit - Small Rider [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like how? Moving the pads slightly to the front?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slightly as in slightly sarcastic. I'm sitting at my desk right now and my elbows are lower than yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the same height as you are and I have 80mm of drop from the saddle to the arm pads so you could definitely go lower if you choose. I have been as low as 100mm but that was too far.

I'm not familiar with that saddle, are you sitting on it correctly? Also, it's a little bit high.
For where you are sitting on the saddle you could go 1 or 2cm longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lower is generally better. Lots of room to lower your pads from your current setup. Probably 3 inches down is a good starting place.

Your saddle could go down by maybe 5-10mm, and forward by about 10mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Bike Fit - Small Rider [jacob2727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. Now to make things longer, do I move the front end (arm rest) forward or do I move my saddle back? If I drop my arm rest down and saddle at the same time, what would be the difference from the current setup since the difference would be minimal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skyjuice wrote:
Thanks for the input. Now to make things longer, do I move the front end (arm rest) forward or do I move my saddle back? If I drop my arm rest down and saddle at the same time, what would be the difference from the current setup since the difference would be minimal?

I'm recommending you move the armrests down a LOT, and the saddle down just a little.

Moving the saddle down and a bit forward will help with your leg being too straight at the bottom of your pedal stroke.

Moving the armrests down a lot will make you much more aerodynamic for about the same amount of comfort. Having the armrests between 2-3 inches below the top of the saddle is a good place to start for good aerodynamics. (The goal is to get your back as flat as possible while still being comfortable.)
Last edited by: jacob2727: Apr 2, 20 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is your crank arm length?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
165mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My non expert opinion...I would keep the saddle where it is at, and shorten the cranks. Sit on the saddle like a tri bike, not like a road bike. Lower the front end a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my very amateur opinion... It's time to remove your race stickers.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Bike Fit - Small Rider [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't have these rings on your steerer tube, get them. Slowly remove them to go lower. If you go lower all the way suddenly, your shoulders and back might hurt. Keep lowering it until you find a sweet spot. Ride outside as well because it's different from riding on the trainer. That's how I did on mine and I could see some improvement on power and time. Good luck!!

Quote Reply