Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critical Power test
Quote | Reply
I performed two critical power tests this week.. The CP 6 and CP 30. My ave watts for CP6 was 341 and 281 for CP6. The heart rate average for both tests was 157. How do you correlate the two tests. I tried to give 100% but in reality, it was more like an intensity of 8-9+/10 for the CP30 and 9-10+/10 on the CP6. I went out a little more conservative in the beginning of the CP30 test to make sure I finished it. Is there a certain precentage of the CP30 test that you can use to estimate the CP90,180, and 360 test without having to do them? I am in my base training phase for IM Wisconsin and I want to make sure I effectively training to improve my aerobic threshold.
Quote Reply
Re: Critical Power test [cannondale kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience, doing the CP30 over again and making a more "even" effort will not materially change the result. If you had gone out way too hard, then you might want to do it again. For base training and setting some HR limits, you're probably good to go. Do the test again in six weeks if you want and give it a harder go.

As for the CP6 -- forget about it. It's got very little to do with long course triathlon. It's a VO2max test, and you don't need to got there training for IM Moo.

For now, don't worry about figuring CP360 from your CP30. Start spending a lot of time at your AeT HR, maybe plus 5 or 10. Wattage might be 65%-70% of your CP30 for now. If you get really fit (not till summer) you might be able to hold 75% of CP30 in an IM.
Quote Reply