Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Creating Ironman Course Maps in iFIT
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience creating these maps? I tried drawing IM 70.3 Des Moines and it was a fail. The double loops and turnarounds caused logistical problems and I could not draw the map. At one point you had to go down an off ramp next to a trail. The map wanted to skip to the trail. I deselected the snap to road tab and that worked, but when I went back over it a second time the finish button did not move with my selected route.

I was also wondering if it's possible to import files from Ride with Gps or similar such as tcx, gxp, or fit files? This would help immensely as I'm having a very hard time drawing the race courses.
Quote Reply
Re: Creating Ironman Course Maps in iFIT [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it a couple of times. My understanding is that it uses Google Streetview, so the routes are limited to whatever Google has mapped. As a result, some running/bike trails aren't on there. When I mapped the Coeur d'Alene run course, for example, I couldn't map the part that goes through the town park so I had to re-route that part of the run on adjacent city streets.
Quote Reply
Re: Creating Ironman Course Maps in iFIT [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
I've done it a couple of times. My understanding is that it uses Google Streetview, so the routes are limited to whatever Google has mapped. As a result, some running/bike trails aren't on there. When I mapped the Coeur d'Alene run course, for example, I couldn't map the part that goes through the town park so I had to re-route that part of the run on adjacent city streets.

Great tip! I'll try that one. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply