Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Creaking frame at seat post?
Quote | Reply
I have creaking running down my post from the seat. I called QR and they said to tighten some stuff. I did and still have it when I get at real high RPM. I have inspected with my LBS and appear to have no cracks. ANy experience with this? What should I do. The sound drives me crazy b/c when on high spinning or WU or CD it creaks like crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Creaking frame at seat post? [Freedie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try greasing your seatpost.

It could also not be the seatpost. Have your LBS check you BB. A friend of mine had a mysterious creak apparently coming from the seat post, but actually was a dry BB. Repaacked it and after about 20 miles sound was gone. Caution immediately after repacking it will still creak and maybe worse. This will go away after the grease has worked through the BB.

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had weird creaking a few times over the years... (if not the BB)grease to the post, cranks and or stem has usually resolved the matter. One time I could have sworn the noise was from the BB and it ended up being the stem! Shawn

Shawn Skene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grease on the seat post and maybe on the bottom bracket, If that dosen't do it, check your seat it can make noise also.
Quote Reply
Re: Creaking frame at seat post? [Shawn_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you really grease the stem? where? i think there is a bit of creaking coming from where my base bar (a profile pursuit bar) connects to the stem. it seems that this shouldn't be greased because it is under a lot of torque from hands during climing and braking. ???
Quote Reply
Re: Creaking frame at seat post? [nilloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I would try greasing any location the stem comes into contact with the fork tube... be it an ahead or quill stem system.... worked for me.

Shawn

Shawn Skene
Quote Reply