Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crash replacement advise
Quote | Reply
My bike did not fair well in Panama 70.3. It appears that my Spanish speaking support crew was advising me to NOT ride on... Ohh well I survived the return ride and had a good race. Now am in the process of deciding how to replace old bike.

Old setup is 2010 56" P3 Ultegra. Zipp 808's w/power tap and wheel cover

Considering p3 di2 Quarq
Don't see enough value spending the money for P5 and the P4 won't work with the Firecrest wheels.

Would you do it differently? I'm trainer bound till I get a new frame and don't want to waste first half of season saving for new bike!

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: Crash replacement advise [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the P3 was working for you then yeah, replace it with another P3

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have heard conflicting reports on Cervelo crash replacement. Can someone confirm or deny....

Dealer A, very well respected and pretty kick ass shop, told me that Cervelo has them destroy the frame.

Dealer B, my current LBS(sadly), did not even know about crash replacement. They are telling me they need to ship entire frame back to Cervelo

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think many/most companies in a crash replacement will ask you to send the crashed out frame back to them. Or at least that's what I've gotten used to hearing. Either they do testing on them, destroy them and/or just make sure they're able to justify the discount on the replacement & not just shuttling out a cheap bike for someone to resell. But I don't think this is atypical that they would ask for the frame back.

I got lucky in replacing my QR a couple of years ago. With a crushed downtube & a whole slew of issues with my then-local dealer (I did not want to work with/through them, so frame was simply shipped to them, I picked up the box & took it & my old frame to a diff LBS to be built) the old frame was never requested (pictures proved the death of the frame). It still sits in my garage today as a reminder of "what not to do while riding your bike, respect the downhill". I was given a smashing good deal on the Lucero Lite replacement frame to upgrade from my Seduza. They should take good care of you to stay on their frame, or find someone that will.

AW
Quote Reply