Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crack in frame or paint?
Quote | Reply
It is probably impossible to tell from this picture... but if anyone has any strong opinions one way or the other, I'd appreciate hearing them! This is on the non-drive chain stay of a cervelo s2. FWIW I can feel the edge of the crack if I run my finger nail over it; there is a noticeable lip.

Last edited by: %FTP: Jul 17, 11 16:11
Quote Reply
Re: Crack in frame or paint? [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ay yi yi, I don't know if it's a crack in the paint or frame, but I wouldn't ride that without knowing. Normally you can't feel the lip in a pint crack....unless it's the edge of the impact crater.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sand it and find out, you can either save a crash, or get an opportunity to buy a new frame, Cervelo might help you out

"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health"
- Hippocrates, 460-370 BC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at this again and played with the image in Aperture and....I think it's a crack in the carbon. It's deep and has some shadow to it, so that says to me it hit something.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Crack in frame or paint? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the concern and feedback from all. I was able to get a good look at it with a gem 10x lens and found it to actually be a scratch down to the carbon. So thankfully, no crack.

I would definitely recommend one of those little magnifying glasses for carbon examination. Quite helpful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you tap across it with a screwdriver or some other tool? When I did that on my P2 when I crashed I could hear a distinct difference where the carbon had delaminated.
Quote Reply