Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could someone measure the tire width/height of a 25mm GP5000 clincher on a HED Jet+?
Quote | Reply
I'm running a HED Jet+ Black Disc on an older Trek and have a clearance issue with wide tires rubbing on the chainstay. I can fit a 23mm Michelin Pro 4 Comp Service Course which is 25.4mm wide x 20mm height (measured) but I had an issue with a [wider] GP TT 25mm tire. I'd probably like to run a GP5000 25mm in the back if I'm able to. The news is that a GP5000 25mm is not as large as older Conti tires so I'm thinking I might have a shot.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Could someone measure the tire width/height of a 25mm GP5000 clincher on a HED Jet+? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If only I had a set of calipers... I just upgraded my road bike to GP5K on HED Ardennes Black wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Could someone measure the tire width/height of a 25mm GP5000 clincher on a HED Jet+? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim from HED who really knew his sh!t aaid gp 23mm was the best with that wheel. It is prolly 25-26 mounted. Any decent shop will have calipers.
Quote Reply
Re: Could someone measure the tire width/height of a 25mm GP5000 clincher on a HED Jet+? [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just measured the 23c gp4k on my Hed Jet+ Black. It's 26.03 @ 80psi. For reference my 23c Supersonic (previous gen) is 25.24 at 75psi and 25.4 @ 85psi.

The 5000 is supposed to mount a touch narrower but the 25 will probably still be at least 27+ on this rim.

DBF wrote:
Tim from HED who really knew his sh!t aaid gp 23mm was the best with that wheel. It is prolly 25-26 mounted. Any decent shop will have calipers.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply