Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could Hokas be causing my calf issues?
Quote | Reply
I started running in Hokas about 3 years ago due to achilles issues. Running in the Hokas solved this issue. For about the past couple of months I have been having calf issues (read all the mad calf stuff) but was wondering if Hoka could be an issue? I'm 58 ran all my life only do sprints so not lots of mileage - no issues on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Could Hokas be causing my calf issues? [AXELLE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Hoka's solved your achilles problem, how can they 3 years later cause the problem? (Not being a dick, just trying to understand the problem)

AXELLE wrote:
I started running in Hokas about 3 years ago due to achilles issues. Running in the Hokas solved this issue. For about the past couple of months I have been having calf issues (read all the mad calf stuff) but was wondering if Hoka could be an issue? I'm 58 ran all my life only do sprints so not lots of mileage - no issues on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you had Achilles trouble in the past and now a calf issue...I'd wager it's not the shoe. I would investigate elsewhere (talocrural mobility, great toe mobility, etc....especially if you're an older runner).

CB
Physical Therapist/Endurance Coach
http://www.cadencept.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance the drop in the HOKA's you are using have changed? I can run in the 5mm HOKAS fine, but the 4MM gave me issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What surface are you running on?? At your age it can make all the difference, you should be almost exclusively on dirt. The calf thing just comes with age, you are actually lucky that you made it this far. Usually it comes around age 50..
Quote Reply