Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corsa speed tubeless sidewall bubbles
Quote | Reply
So I have set up a new 23c corsa speed tyre on HED jet 6+ and did the initial inflation with no sealant to get the tyre seated. The tyre was pumped up to 80 psi (so below the recommended pressure) an and immediately the sidewall material started to bubble up on both sides and all around the wheel (see picture). I have subsequently added sealant and the bubbling seems to have stopped. but it is slightly concerning.

I have two theories,
- that this is normal when inflating the tyre without sealant. The bubbling seems to have calmed down now I have put sealant in, and spun it around. But I have not experienced this previously when mounting a 25c tyre to jet disc.
- there is a problem with the tyre. As the bubbling was all around the wheel I can assume that I hadn't damaged it during mounting as I would assume that would be in one specific area.

Anybody else experienced this?

Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed tubeless sidewall bubbles [msrixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I experienced the same thing. They eventually go away.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Corsa_Speed_TL_leaking_air_between_tread_and_casing_P6650799/#p6650799
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed tubeless sidewall bubbles [Abu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...That's sounds reassuring, just looked a bit curious to me. At least nobody has put on yes i saw this and had a massive blowout during my next ride :-)
Last edited by: msrixon: Jul 11, 18 5:12
Quote Reply