Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corsa Speed TL leaking air between tread and casing
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else experienced this? I've had 2 tires that mount fine, but lose air quickly despite the presence of sealant. So I sprayed some dawn/water mix to look for bubbles and they are appearing between the tread and casing. I've tried to move the wheel around to try to get some sealant into the area, but it hasn't stopped the bubbles. The bubbles are on both sides of the tire in the same area, but no where else on the tire. Dumb luck? Bad tires?

Quote Reply
Re: Corsa Speed TL leaking air between tread and casing [Abu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My G+ tubulars did this as well. I put Cafe Latex sealant in, and found it came out in small bubbles between tread and casing. It did seem to slow air loss though, although I have to wipe the sidewalls from the sealant every now and then. It is a pretty annoying problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes mine did that until i put more sealant in and made sure and rolled the wheels real good for awhile right after pressuring up. sealant seemed to plug it all up.
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa Speed TL leaking air between tread and casing [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I set up that wheel with a Corsa before a race and it was doing the same thing, I tried to roll it around to seal it, then did a 40 K (BTW nice job at TX State Sean H) and it was flat the next morning. Maybe this one will seal.eventually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx! You race too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say your tire mounts fine but quickly loses air, I assume that means you have never gotten a wheel fully set up to ride??? Yes, tubeless is very much an art and it can takes some time and patience to get a wheel ready to ride. If you use the right sealant and enough of it, eventually all of those bubbles should go away. What sealant are you using btw? I've been using Orange Seal with my Vittoria Corsa Speed and had great success.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa Speed TL leaking air between tread and casing [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I mean it inflates fully, beads pop, air it up to 120 psi, everything appears fine, and in the morning it is flat. I've been riding these tires tubeless since they were released without any issues, it seems that the newer tires, with the shiny sidewall have this issue?

Sean H, your team beat my team :)
Last edited by: Abu: Jun 7, 18 9:40
Quote Reply