Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coros Apex Pro Ridiculous Battery Life PSA
Quote | Reply
I think they claim something like 40 days.

It's longer. Maybe more like 50-60 days. Just thought you'd all like to ooh and aah with me.

My wife got one, then decided against using it as her primary because it lacked drill mode for pool swims. So it became my watch. Hadn't taken time to assimilate it into my gear yet so it sat fully charged, but unplugged on my desk for a few weeks when I noticed it still had 60% charge.

At that point I decided I'd let it run down to see how long it would last.

It outlasted me. At 40+ days (who knows) it still had 18% charge when I started using and increased rate of drain at all. I would estimate it will actually last about 55 days on a single charge if not worn, but powered on 24/7. Is that useful info? Probably not. Just thought I'd share.

Downside of ultra-long battery life: It's going to be like my di2 and I'll forget to charge it until it says "you've abused me long enough, you're single-speeding it back home"

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Coros Apex Pro Ridiculous Battery Life PSA [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forget to charge my Coros Apex (not Pro) all the time.
Usually two full weeks of doing workouts before I need to charge.

The GPS chip that Coros uses is now in other brand watches too though, so look for some competition.

I LOVE the Coros app and constant firmware updates... I will be definitely buying another in a couple of years.
I wish they made bike computers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awe man, no swim drills?

I was sold until you said that.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Coros Apex Pro Ridiculous Battery Life PSA [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
awe man, no swim drills?

LOL. I'm on the Coros forum and people constantly complain about stupid stuff like this.
They also can't understand how an algorithm isn't PERFECT every time for counting their laps in the pool.
The only time I wear a watch while swimming is open water which Coros is very accurate for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome - I have the well-respected Garmin 945 which doesn't have a shabby battery per most reviews, but with the way I used it with backlight on during workouts + GPS outdoors, I have to charge it at least once per day so I don't' run out mid-workout the next day. I have charging cables for work and home - not that it's so burdensome, but it would feel surreal to go 2 weeks with GPS workouts with no charging!
Quote Reply
Re: Coros Apex Pro Ridiculous Battery Life PSA [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Garmin 935 has never missed a lap for me

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Coros Apex Pro Ridiculous Battery Life PSA [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never miss a lap cuz I have a swim set I do every time I get in the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone on strava won't know my pace!

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:
awe man, no swim drills?

LOL. I'm on the Coros forum and people constantly complain about stupid stuff like this.
They also can't understand how an algorithm isn't PERFECT every time for counting their laps in the pool.
The only time I wear a watch while swimming is open water which Coros is very accurate for.

I ordered an Apex Pro, used it for about 3 weeks, and returned it. I realize I may be in the minority but I didn’t really like it. The optical hr wasn’t anywhere in the ballpark (for me, I know different people have different experiences) and the barometric altimeter was frequently off by a lot (start/stop at my house but apparently I’d gain or loose a couple hundred feet).

Minor gripe - I liked the concept of daily altitude and hr graphs but they only sampled periodically so they didn’t actually reflect reality. I also found the watch faces to be pretty cartoonish. Battery was great though, just didn’t really like the watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Ryanppax wrote:
awe man, no swim drills?

I'm on the coros users Facebook page and it's frustrating at times.

Have been using an apex for best part of a year now. Battery life is fantastic and I've been more than happy with GPS and altimeter recordings. I suspect the OHR is not great, but is any wrist based OHR? If you value HR data best use a chest strap. Breadcrumb navigation has been adequate. Can't really fault it.
Quote Reply