Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corima wheels
Quote | Reply
Hi, considering Corima wheels. Will be using them for sprints to IM and may use the 4 spoke rear for flat fast courses - but most of the time just the Aero's font and rear. Any thoughts...pros/cons, likes/dislikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Corima wheels [Darren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Darren,
I have some very useful non-information for you (you'll see what I mean). I just bought a pair of the Corima Aero wheels at the start of January, however, since I live where it just got above freezing for the first time last week, they don't even have tires mounted on them yet. So I can't give you any ride experience advice.

But, they are the most beautiful wheels I've ever seen, and the lightest (outside of the Zipp 303's, which I go over the weight limit for by about 30 pounds...). I've got the 12 spoke front, 24 rear tubular. I've always heard good things about them from all the shops I've ever been in. I would always take a Zipp 404 in one hand and a Corima in the other and say to the guy, "what's the best wheel". Corima won every time. Sorry, this is the best I can do.

Disclaimer : I think I'm romantically attached to the wheels, so this might not be the most objective of reviews.
Quote Reply
Re: Corima wheels [Smitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the feedback. I'm looking at the 12fr. 24rr spoke wheels. Do you know anything about wheight restrictions on them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew some dudes at corima. there used to be restrictions weight wise (some spokes tended to snap on the front wheel some years back) but they worked hard to fix the problem, and I think anyone below 200lbs is fine. there is no weight restriction indicated on the french website.

Fr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I used a 4-spoke rear and aero front last year, and really liked the 4 spoke. It worked well pretty much everywhere, including IMLP - so it's not really limited to flat courses.

The only reservation I had with the aero was that it seemed flexy. I'm not that heavy (<165lbs) but on bigger downhills I could feel the front rim bending - and hear it making contact with the brake pads. That was really my only reservation with the wheels - they're definitely light, and very pretty....

Gordo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a AERO 12 spoke front and 4spoke on the back, these are my only race wheels and i never had tried anything else.

Never had any flex problems with the front wheel and dont have any problems with those wheels till now.

I race sprints, olimpic and long distance tris flat and hilly........................no problem.

This is a great set of wheels.

Sergio From Portugal

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't be of much help as to how they ride--am awaiting delivery of the 4-spoke rear and 18 spoke aero front. Apparently, there is some problem with the U.S. distributor and there is a delay in getting product. I am now being told that I should receive them at the end of March or first of April.

In researching my purchase, all the bike shops I talked to raved about the Corimas. These were shops that, for the most part, also sold Zipps, Heds, and other brands. Most said that you can't go wrong with any of the ones I was considering, but if one could afford to spend a little extra, the Corimas were the best choice.

The 2003 aero front wheel now only comes in 18 spoke--no 12 spoke. Maybe this addresses the "flex" Gordo mentioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the four spoke rear and the Carbon UL front. I used this setup on a standard road geometry at IM Canada. It was a great setup. I highly recommend them.
Quote Reply