Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corima carbon seatpost
Quote | Reply
Got one of these puppies last week. It looks great, very narrow and aero-looking, and it weighs half what the Profile post it replaces does. The only problem was that no matter how hard I snugged down the binder bolt the seat still would rotate fore and aft. I finally tightened to the point the treads stripped, but up until that point the sucker still slipped. Anybody else ever encountered this with a Corima seatpost? Solution? It's too expensive to use as a carbon fiber paperweight.
Quote Reply
Re: Corima carbon seatpost [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had one of those seat posts, Never had any trouble with the seat clamp nut and bolt. I did get rid of them because the way it flexed, pain in the butt to attach a seat bag, and I did not like the way that whole seat clamp thingy worked. You are right though, they are really cool looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and use it since many years and I do have a carbon only flite on top of it (no cushion pure carbon) and never had any comfort problems even at the Ironman.

I had some initial problems with that but tightening hard was good enough. Make sure you have absolutely no grease on it, it's not good for your carbon. Are you sure you got the right size? (sorry for asking;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah i got one too----at first it loosened on me, and i snugged it down a few times----honestly i dont know what i did right, cause i've never had it loosen on me since the first week when i installed it. i'd suggest not stripping the threads and just giving it a little tighten before each ride for the first 2 weeks or so.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did some research on the net for carbon seat post. I like the Corima Ellipse carbon seat post. But I saw that the the max height of the biggest post (L) is only 160 mm.
Can't I use a Corima seat post when my saddle is more than 16cm above the seat tube? I would need about 18cm. Isn't i possible to extend the seat post that far?
Probably a user of a Corima Ellipse carbon seat post can help me on that?

Felix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corima writes on their website:

Technical Advices ELLIPSE seatpost :
After setting your ELLIPSE seatpost on your bike, we recommend that you ride a little bit and then that you tight again the satellite?s screw (aluminum part) in order to set it up correctly. It is necessary to remove the seatpost from the frame at least once a year in order to avoid oxidation and blocking.

Do you have the right diameter on the seatpost for your seat tube. Probably you need an adapter.
Quote Reply
Re: Corima carbon seatpost [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the large post on my Fox. The first 12 cm cannot even go into the frame. I run mine at 13cm, and I estimate that there is at least 10 cm of post left, if not more.

As far as another poster was concerned, you can replace the sattleite. The post is not a complete waste, and will not become a paper weight.

I am working on a post/seat assembly that will ride me of about 100 grams of weight and increase the surface area of the post for better aerodynamics. Unfortunately, this will never be something for production as it would be 100% custom for each application.
Last edited by: bunnyman: Feb 19, 03 2:58
Quote Reply
Re: Corima carbon seatpost [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked Corima about the max length and they answered Corima just today:

Thank you for your mail. The maximum length of the LARGE seatpost is 160 mm.
Unfortunately we cannot extend it further.

bunnyman, do you think I can extend the post 18cm and still have enough of the seat post in my seattube?

Thanks, Felix
Quote Reply
Re: Corima carbon seatpost [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only problem with the Corima seatpost is that it's designed for a more traditional seat tube (back when 10 or less cm of the seat post was visible). IF your seat tube is extended, that would be one thing, but I would not extend it beyond the manufacturer's recommendations, as something catastrophic could result.

I would go for the USE or Giant aero post, as they're made for the modern short seat tubes. The only other alternative is to make your own using unidirectional carbon fabric. E mail me if you want some suggestions of how to build it.
Quote Reply
Re: Corima carbon seatpost [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where (online) can I get a USE or Giant aero post? Any other carbon post for 18cm seattube to saddle rail?

Thanks, Felix
Quote Reply