Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Copying TT position on Road bike (speedconcept to Bianchi Aria)
Quote | Reply

Hi All,

I am very happy with my current position on the TT (Speedconcept) following a new fit earlier this year.
Now that I purchased a new road bike (Bianchi Aria) which I intend to use for Nice 70.3 WC I am looking for the best position on this bike.

I am no longer used to the saddle setback on a road bike so am wondering if there is a way I can get rid of this feeling without changing to a zero offset seatpost (not even sure a zero offset seatpost will be sufficient to overcome the setback problem)

Is rotating my TT position around my BB going to solve this issue? My guess would be no...
Not even sure it's possible as stack should go up and reach should go down. Or am I missing something?

Getting your fit right on your road bike should be easier compared to on a TT.

Some extra figures
  • SpeedConcept XL with med-far stem
  • Saddle setback: 65mm on TT (Mystika)
  • Reach: 465mm to back of the pads
  • Stack: 690mm

Thanks!
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Copying TT position on Road bike (speedconcept to Bianchi Aria) [Chelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odds that your TT position works well on your road bike is probably somewhere close to nonexistent. Different geometry, different purposes. An aero road bike is still a road bike. Get a good road bike fit that gets you a decent aero profile but don’t expect miracles. Trying to replicate a TT bike position to a road bike is an exercise in futility.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Copying TT position on Road bike (speedconcept to Bianchi Aria) [Chelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chelle wrote:
am no longer used to the saddle setback on a road bike
Ride it for a week and get back to us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don’t mind using the same brand/model of saddles on both bikes, I would start with the the same saddle height and setback on the Bianchi. This does assume there is enough adjustment in saddle rail length, but 65mm is a decent amount of setback. Then adjust bar height and reach with spacers and stem length for comfort.

The key is keeping the same saddle and not worrying about people making fun of you riding a tri saddle on a road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use your TT bike at Nice...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Copying TT position on Road bike (speedconcept to Bianchi Aria) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
use your TT bike at Nice...

^^^^^^^ Bingo! Silly to go to a road bike for that course.
Quote Reply