Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coping with Injuries
Quote | Reply
I am currently training for my first Ironman (Texas April 27th). Everything was going great and then the injuries started to pile on. Shoulder impingement / bursitis and now right knee pain.

All of the injuries are now keeping me from training. Because of this, I find myself extremely depressed and constantly thinking about how I am not getting the training in I need. I may not be able to race, may have to transfer races, etc.

How have you guys coped with injuries and stay positive? It is hard to do. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Coping with Injuries [mlevans1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. I am battling a knee injury and just got an MRI and are waiting for results. My best advice is let the process happen. You will find that if you just be patient and wait to heal, it seems to go by faster as compared to the panic mode of I need X volume by this date. It sucks without a doubt but do the best to be patient and not hit the panic mode as that can force bad decisions. I may be posting the same if I get bad MRI results. Best of luck to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Coping with Injuries [mlevans1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realize how much worse it could be and be happy for what you have. :) I say this as one that has suffered a somewhat serious setback last fall and may not compete again(though it wasn't/isn't tri i'd be giving up) had surgery and now just work slowly back at a new normal. many things to enjoy beyond entering a sporting event
Quote Reply