Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Where are the logs stored ?

Nate Pearson wrote:
lennyk wrote:
Nate,

couple things, I fired up TR this morning, is asked if I wanted to update to the latest 2.6.538 or something like that
I did the update but the program failed to start afterwards saying msvcp120.dll file missing.

I reinstalled the older 502 version and started my workout.

3/4 way through the workout in a rest section the kickr went into full brake mode,
target power should have been 86w but I could barely turn the pedals, paused for a few seconds and tried
it would allow me to spin a little then it would crank it back to full brake.

https://www.trainerroad.com/...1985768-Black-Kaweah

Ah, sorry about that. We were missing a file. That's now updated.

Could you send me your logs for that workout? I'd like to see what the Kickr is doing.

The latest beta has an option to set a constant offset on the Kickr. So if you're always 20 watts off you can just lock that in for the workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [willhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
willhs wrote:
Maybe this is all in my head, but ever since the update (4 rides on it so far) I feel like I'm being "nudged" down to a cadence in the 88-90 rpm range. I usually stick to 95, and I keep trying to put it back there, but I feel like I have to work hard to keep it there. This happens if I'm in any training zone, so it's not like I'm getting forced downward because I don't have the power at that cadence. I know this cadence nudging is a feature in perfpro... is it being put into trainerroad, or is this just in my head? I am using Vectors, and all software for Vector, Kickr and Trainerroad is newest.

There's no cadence nudging in TR. I'm not sure what that is or how it would work with a Kickr.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lennyk wrote:

Nate Pearson wrote:
lennyk wrote:
Nate,

couple things, I fired up TR this morning, is asked if I wanted to update to the latest 2.6.538 or something like that
I did the update but the program failed to start afterwards saying msvcp120.dll file missing.

3/4 way through the workout in a rest section the kickr went into full brake mode,
target power should have been 86w but I could barely turn the pedals, paused for a few seconds and tried

Could you send me your logs for that workout? I'd like to see what the Kickr is doing.

The latest beta has an option to set a constant offset on the Kickr. So if you're always 20 watts off you can just lock that in for the workout.

Sorry about that. Here's how to get your logs:

Open the desktop app. Go to the info tab and hold down ctrl (command on mac) and click on the support link.

That will open up a folder that has "TrainerRoadLogs" inside of that. Zip it up and email it to me at nate@trainerroad.com.

Thanks!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed the logs to support@trainerroad.com this morning.
Latest software 540 appears to be working fine.

Nate Pearson wrote:
lennyk wrote:

Nate Pearson wrote:
lennyk wrote:
Nate,

Sorry about that. Here's how to get your logs:

Open the desktop app. Go to the info tab and hold down ctrl (command on mac) and click on the support link.

That will open up a folder that has "TrainerRoadLogs" inside of that. Zip it up and email it to me at nate@trainerroad.com.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there instructions somewhere on how I could use TR with Kickr that's controlled by an external power meter? Tried several things but still never got there:( I understand I can set Kickr to be controlled by my ANT+ power meter using the Wahoo Utility app on my phone for example - but once that's done, how do I use TR? If Kickr is connected to this Wahoo Utility app, I can't seem to be able to connect to it from TR - either running on my phone or on my laptop. It appears that I can only connect to Kickr via BT using one thing (Wahoo Utility app OR TR from the phone OR TR from the laptop).
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
Are there instructions somewhere on how I could use TR with Kickr that's controlled by an external power meter? Tried several things but still never got there:( I understand I can set Kickr to be controlled by my ANT+ power meter using the Wahoo Utility app on my phone for example - but once that's done, how do I use TR? If Kickr is connected to this Wahoo Utility app, I can't seem to be able to connect to it from TR - either running on my phone or on my laptop. It appears that I can only connect to Kickr via BT using one thing (Wahoo Utility app OR TR from the phone OR TR from the laptop).

Read back through this thread starting on about page 28. It's all here, you just have to sift through it. Might help to start reading here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5492820#5492820
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:

You don't have to do anything once it's done, it will just work. TR doesn't even need to know about it. That's the same with the iOS app or desktop app.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Nate, my issue is that I seem to only be able to connect to Kickr using one thing at a time: so if I do the Wahoo Utility thing, then I can't connect to it using TR (and vice versa...). Seems like that's a connection issue with my Kickr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point is you don't need to be connected to Wahoo to use the feature. You're setting a configuration in the KICKR. When done - disconnect and connect Trainerroad instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [cwiedmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Thank you cwiedmann , didn't realize the Kickr would keep these settings! So this is supposed to be the case even after Kickr is powered down? Regardless, will give it a shot tonight!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone worked out which works best?

1. Using TR with the kickr that is controlled by external power meter with the option to control electronic trainer by external power meter in TR turned off.

2. Leaving the kickr as normal but selecting the option in TR to control electronic trainer with external power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Brad81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brad81 wrote:

1. Using TR with the kickr that is controlled by external power meter with the option to control electronic trainer by external power meter in TR turned off.

2. Leaving the kickr as normal but selecting the option in TR to control electronic trainer with external power meter.

I get the best results with both. I've tried each independently as well.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:

Ian

Ok, any idea if you can update the kickr to use external power meter with Android wahoo fitness app or can you only use the ios app?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Brad81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brad81 wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:

Ian

Ok, any idea if you can update the kickr to use external power meter with Android wahoo fitness app or can you only use the ios app?

I'm an ios user, sorry. First questio, though, is do you have the .32 firmware on your Kickr? If so, then in the Wahoo fitness app you should see the option to control your Kickr when you select it in the Devices menu. IF the Android version spports it, of course. :-) I'll give it a try with my other (rarely used) phone, which is an Android device, and report back.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:

Ian

I'm an ios user, sorry. First questio, though, is do you have the .32 firmware on your Kickr? If so, then in the Wahoo fitness app you should see the option to control your Kickr when you select it in the Devices menu. IF the Android version spports it, of course. :-) I'll give it a try with my other (rarely used) phone, which is an Android device, and report back.

Ian

Yes I have the .32 iinstalled.
Thanx Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brad81 wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:

Ian

Ian

Thanx Ian

Bad news - I tried my Android phone, and the Wahoo Fitness app doesn't appear to have the option for external PM control. So I guess you could borrow a friend's iphone or ipad, install the app, and set up the control. That setting will apparently remain until you power off the Kickr.

Not ideal.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
Brad81 wrote:

Ian

Ian

Thanx Ian

Bad news - I tried my Android phone, and the Wahoo Fitness app doesn't appear to have the option for external PM control. So I guess you could borrow a friend's iphone or ipad, install the app, and set up the control. That setting will apparently remain until you power off the Kickr.

Not ideal.

Ian

Thanx for trying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... I just bought a Wahoo Kickr, seems pretty neat.

One major issue: I hooked it up and started on Zwift.... as much as I wish I was pumping 500 watts and averaging 35MPH around the course, I realized that probably isn't correct.

I hooked it up to the Wahoo App and tried to find the calibration option, but I couldn't find it, even using DC Rainmaker's suggestion. I'm not sure if the firmware has changed and has to be done another way.

The search function on this site is pretty bad so I did try a search to no avail.

Any advice on getting the power correct?

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a new kickr this week. Thought I would share my observations so far. On my first ride I was keeping the kickr and power meter data seperate. Like many others I was seeing 20ish watts difference (kickr high). About 20 minutes into that ride I put the PM id into the wahoo app so the kickr would us my PM. There forward everything was spot on.

At the end of that first ride I did a second spindown. Surprised how much longer the warm spindown took 18sec vs. 27 sec.

For today's ride I unsync'd the PM and kickr again. This time over an hour the 2 had a 2 watt difference overall. Looking at the 2 devices during the ride it seems like they we not in lock step but that must have been the data smoothing.

I plan to link them back together but now I know the kickr is pretty close as long as I have a warm spindown. I plan to spindown every few days at the end of rides and not at the start of rides.

Overall the hard workouts on trainer road are much better now. I'm looking forward to some zwift loops in SIM mode as soon as I have time.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to get power readings from both the Kickr and my Vector Garmins in Perpro after a ride, or even better yet, during? I just loaded up PP and love the flexibility of the software.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember - we WANT Racermate to go in to Chapter 11, so that someone with some SENSE can buy the damned company and turn it into something modern and cheaper and more robust and ubiquitous.

That the Kickr still takes about 15-30 seconds to get the load up in a short interval is insane, just on an opposite shore.

Richard Wharton, USAC L1 since 1997.
Technology, Application, Attention, Success
http://www.onlinebikecoach.com, http://www.cyclingcenterdallas.com
#whareagle, #leavewithnothingleft, #knowyournumbers, #numbersdontlie
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [bassn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes
1) you can add a custom data field to your rider screen that displays the trainer (Kickr) watts so you can watch the Kickr watts vs the Vector watts. There is also a display line graph that shows your Vector watts and your Kickr watts during a ride where you can then see how closely the two match during the entire ride.
2) you can set up a 2nd rider. So rider 1 is connected to the Kickr and Rider 2 is connected to the Vectors
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [bassn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bassn wrote:
Is there a way to get power readings from both the Kickr and my Vector Garmins in Perpro after a ride, or even better yet, during? I just loaded up PP and love the flexibility of the software.

Thanks!

Yes, create two riders one Kickr and one connected to your Vector's. During the ride it is shown in the Interactive Stats Graph, see http://perfprostudio.com/WebHelp/Studio/index.htm#page=PerfPRO+Studio+Rider+Display.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Whareagle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whareagle wrote:
That the Kickr still takes about 15-30 seconds to get the load up in a short interval is insane, just on an opposite shore.

Experience 10-12 sec, which is acceptable. Also on the road you would not have an immediately power jump.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ccassidy wrote:
yes
1) you can add a custom data field to your rider screen that displays the trainer (Kickr) watts so you can watch the Kickr watts vs the Vector watts. There is also a display line graph that shows your Vector watts and your Kickr watts during a ride where you can then see how closely the two match during the entire ride.
2) you can set up a 2nd rider. So rider 1 is connected to the Kickr and Rider 2 is connected to the Vectors

Great, thank you!

In option #1, will the Kickr still be controlled by external power? Ideally I would like to have the Vectors control the Kickr and still be able to see the difference between the two. I decided to make the switch to PP due to the issues I was having with TR.
Quote Reply

Prev Next