Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Consistent Long Bike Rides
Quote | Reply
So for the past several months I have been doing 4 hr bike rides once every other week, with the past two times having it bumped up to 4:15. I aim to keep as much of it in Heart Rate Z2 for as much as possible while still trying to keep a consistent power. My question is then how much longer should I go in order to help develop my aerobic endurance? I was thinking of going up to 5 hr until I get closer to race day.

Additional info: I generally ride 7-10 hours a week, I have off work every other Friday so doing my long ride then is never an issue and with the lack of racing is one of my favorite activities. Also I am currently signed up for Lake Placid 2021 in late July. Any advice is appreciated.

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply
Re: Consistent Long Bike Rides [WatchJoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While the weather is decent and you can get outside I say ride as long as you want as often as you want.

If I was in AZ right now my riding partner and I would be riding between 100-135 miles every Sunday from now until year end

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Consistent Long Bike Rides [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. If you are enjoying it then there is no limit.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Consistent Long Bike Rides [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay appreciate the response. I guess I did neglect to mention that most of my long rides are on Zwift for now, so outside weather is a non-issue.

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply