Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Considering unloading my bikes
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I have viewed these forums since I quit riding a while back. I thought I would be more interested long term and became so burnt out running and such that I had no motivation to ride after pushing myself too much.

Do any of you know of an approximate value of a Felt B2(built in 2016) and Cervelo R3(2014 I believe)? The Felt is running Di2 and converted the Xentis from 10 to 11

Hopefully the attachments work.

Appreciate your help, maybe if I get approved one day I can post them for sale on here as well.

thanks,
Jason

Last edited by: jkelley9: Apr 6, 19 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [jkelley9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can see the bikes but I'm guessing 2-3K range. Get some nice photos and post them on Craigslist. I thought I would have a hard time selling my tri-bikes and other funky builds, but I sold them all! Good photos were key - you are selling the dream.

Disc brakes are all the rage now so rim brake road bikes seem to be taking a hit, imo.

Crazy thing is the DuraAce rim brakes I got my Giant are better than any disk I've ridden.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best thing to do is to just look at completed sales on eBay - here are the ones for the Cervelo R3. Assuming the seller does a good job with pictures, description, and seems legit, the bike will fetch what it is worth. Now is probably one of the better times to list IME.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the advice. I don't know why the photos didn't upload. I will give those a shot. I had them listed on facebook marketplace, but all I would ever get would be random offers (like $300.00). Id rather them collect dust than something so silly.

The B2 is the harder sell IMO. I did so much for it that I know I won't get near what I put into it back.

What are shipping costs for a bike? I have never tried shipping one. I had a couple guitars I sold on eBay and lost my toosh on the shipping fee.

Thanks for the responses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would put shipping at around $125 if you have a box and do it yourself. If you pay a bike shop to do it go $175.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recently went through this myself selling a really nice Felt AR FRD. It sat on eBay for several months without generating a lot of interest so I decided to take a different approach. Ended up breaking the bike down and sold it part by part. Within a week I had sold everything for pretty close to what I had been asking for the complete bike.

Was actually a pretty fun project breaking the bike down, plus shipping the individual components was very easy compared to packing up and shipping the whole bike.

Just a thought, good luck selling your bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [shawrx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shawrx wrote:
Recently went through this myself selling a really nice Felt AR FRD. It sat on eBay for several months without generating a lot of interest so I decided to take a different approach. Ended up breaking the bike down and sold it part by part. Within a week I had sold everything for pretty close to what I had been asking for the complete bike.

Was actually a pretty fun project breaking the bike down, plus shipping the individual components was very easy compared to packing up and shipping the whole bike.

Just a thought, good luck selling your bikes.

good to know, appreciate the feedback. I may end up listing parts on here from the Felt, I rather know the parts go to a good community. I think I have been a member since 2015, just never posted

Here's the bikes:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My advice would be to ditch the bags, lights , maybe add better looking bar tape and take better pics of the R3; you could make it look like a desirable bike, but in the pic it looks like a cheap bike you would buy at Performance Bike. “Stage” your pics like you would a house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
My advice would be to ditch the bags, lights , maybe add better looking bar tape and take better pics of the R3; you could make it look like a desirable bike, but in the pic it looks like a cheap bike you would buy at Performance Bike. “Stage” your pics like you would a house.

Just to add on to this....I would also consider making the bikes look more aggressive that you normally ride them. People like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Well it used to be about $40 from BikeFlights, but it recently got considerably more expensive. Check shipbikes and pack it yourself.

I will for sure check them out. Would it be worthwhile to list them in the for sale section here? I just don't want to be that guy who just posts to sell stuff, but it looks like it may be that way this time.

I may take the advice and at least part out the Felt. It may take me a while to figure out appropriate prices. Would be a pity if i couldn't find someone to buy it currently set up. It was prepped at endeavor performance in Nashville (I actually haven't even ridden it since).
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point; a bike that looks to be ridden by a 60 year old with back problems doesn’t look as slick and desirable as one set up to race. If you have race wheels (even if not being included) put them in the pic. I think aero wheels are the #1 thing that makes a bike look more attractive and even fast, awesome bikes can look rather pedestrian with shallow wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Considering unloading my bikes [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe consider just posting pictures of totally different bikes. Just put a note that says "this is not a picture of the bike you're getting"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohhh I like where your head is at.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
Maybe consider just posting pictures of totally different bikes. Just put a note that says "this is not a picture of the bike you're getting"

Something like...

Felt B2! new upgrades including 1299cc v4, 6 speed top gear can get you beyond 200mph! Pave the way in future triathlons and shatter records as you dog paddle and walk your way to victory with the time saved on your ride!

Not actual photo of Felt.

Quote Reply