Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Connecting With Nature
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Dan.

The Yosemite piece was great. It reminded me of one of the fundemental reasons why I do this - to connect with the natural world. For that reason, swiming, with the exception of open water, has always been a struggle for me. Ditto, indoor bike workouts, treadmill runs and urban/suburban runs along concrete and paved paths past strip malls and cookie-cutter housing tracks. No, give me the open road or a trail through the woods or over hill and dale any day.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Connecting With Nature [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting perspective. I can connect with the "outer" natural world and enjoy doing it. But I can also connect with the "internal" natural universe that exists within each of us. Without sounding too new age, granola or butt-ass weird: The universe that is our potential is unfathomable. It is an incredible journey to explore this realm. Many people are afraid to look inside so intensely and unflinchingly since we have to accept our many weakness. but, whereas our ability to perceive nature and our surrounding seems finite, our ability to explore ourselves is infinite. Forgive me. I just got off the Computrainer.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Connecting With Nature [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes indeed, thanks Dan:

I don't need a reminder about my "love affair with the earth" (love that phrase!, plan on stealing it) since I get those daily in the form of Greater Vancouver's natural eye candy; but it was great to get a reminder of why I gravitated to Slowtwitch in the first place. I distinctly remember reading the piece "Valyermo" with its references to Copeland and Grofe and thinking YES, here's a place with a wider and more generous view than most.

Best,

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply