Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard)
Quote | Reply
Huge win for Tyler Hamilton of CSC, and great publicity for Cervelo, as TH takes the Spring classic Liege-Bastogne-Liege by outgunning, among others, Lance Armstrong, Michael Boogerd, and Michele Bartoli. Was "watching" on the Velonews site (Canadian OLN does not cover the race) and it seemed like a very excity race.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard) [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very impressive performance for Hamilton and significant marketing acheivement for Cervelo.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course everyone must realize that now Gerard will be AWOL from the forum for some time! Great win! Congrats to Tyler, Gerard and the CSC team!
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard) [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would I be AWOL? A lot of people felt something was going to happen soon, but winning LBL is awesome. The oldest classic, and one of the most exciting, it is amazing how there can always be 5-10 favorites in the running with 2k remaining, yet it is rarely a sprint finish. That last grade must be the toughest false flat in the world.

First World Cup win for Tyler, for Cervelo, for Zipp and for Speedplay. And they say roadies don't take triathlon seriously.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard) [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congradutations can't wait to see the race on OLN thursday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Just being facetious, of course, Gerard. Of course its good to know that on the day after one of the biggest days in your company's history, you find time to "hang out" with the "little guys" who are your bread and butter end users. Its really great to see North American cycling becoming more than a one-man show at the highest level. Every year more riders are hitting the big podiums and more gear is finding its way underneath the big teams. Understanding how tradition bound this sport is, it becomes all the more amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard) [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tape it for me? Unfortunately OLN Canada will broadcast the long jump into water event of the Canine Paralympics that day, unless it is pre-empted by the World Lumberjack Games.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure I can tape it for you,

After reading Hamilton's response to his victory, I feel you may have many more days like this in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

I will echo the congratulations of others. Hamilton's win is huge from many different perspectives. You should be very proud of your contribution to this significant achievement.

This is the type of homerun that every sponsor big and small hopes for when they sign on the dotted line. However, next time you bump into Graham Watson tell him to stop cropping the photos, to leave OUT the bike!

Best wishes for continued success this year.

SF

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems to be Graham Watson's style. But it was also a tough day to take shots, in the rain they don't give the motorcycles the same kind of access.

But we just posted another 10 photos of Tyler and some others on www.cervelo.com

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that the truth! OLN Canada is a joke (probably due to ridiculous Canadian Content rules).

And they wonder why one million Canadians own pirate satellite dishes!
Quote Reply
Re: Congratulations Tyler Hamilton (and Gerard) [Greg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever SEEN the long jump for dogs into the water? I have to hand it to those dogs, that's some impressive athletisism. Their owners on the other hand ......

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trust me guys, OLN USA isn't a whole lot better. We still have to wade through "Hunting with Hank", Professional Bull Riding (PBR), and endless reruns of the Louis Vuitton Cup. But coverage of the major spring classics and start-to-finish coverage of all the Grand Tours is VERY welcome. I can remember back in the 80s when I really became aware of cycling across the pond when the only news of any euro-pro racing I could access was daily standings of the Tour de France listed on the sports page of the Chicago Tribune. I think it was '90 when I was first able to read post race reporting to go along with stage and overall results. Now between OLN and Cyclingnews.com, I get most of the live coverage I can stand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gotta admit the LV cup was awesome...I think it was summarized by a US journalist as "as exciting as looking at your lawn growing"...

for PBR, the few times I am unlucky enough to zap and see this, I can only think: I hope these guys have good chiropractors :-)

anyway, a friend told me that they talked quite a bit about these funny cervelo bikes on the french nat. channel showing the race live (last 3hrs...that would be THE thing I'd like to live in France again...all the bike races live, many in their entirety)...
maybe I can get hold of a tape when I go back there in june, if Gerard has someone who speaks french...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Trust me guys, OLN USA isn't a whole lot better. We still have to wade through ...
Ah, if only that were true. Gerard is NOT exaggerating. OLN Canada is all about the dogs, the lumberjacks, and Australians traveling endlessly and yet always to Malaysia. Fishing and hunting are actually welcome respites from the dogs and the strongman competitions and oh my god I could go on. Yet they do show the Tour and we thank their dark hearts for that.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well thankfully I live in Denmark where I can follow LBL. Paris Roubaix, Tour de Flandres, TdF and a lot of other bicycle races live on TV for hours and hours. What an amazing last hour at LBL and what a superb team effort.

regards

martin
Quote Reply