Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Conconi and determining LT
Quote | Reply
I've done some research, read some posts on how the conconi test doesn't really work in determining LT for everyone. I've got some things on my mind so I decided to I wanted to hammer alittle bit anyways, so I decided to try it.

Slow warmup, 25 minutes ish, then off we go on the track, increasing speed every 200yd on the track, recording HR and time on my Polar. My first 200 was really slow 90sec ish, my last 200 (20th measurement, 10 laps) was 37 sec (I've lost alotta speed, thats my PR mile pace, from 6 yrs ago 4:56ish, well below my PR 1/2 Mi pace, 2:08).

Anyways, I get home load the data from the Polar onto the computer (Polar software) and let the thing do some number crunching for me. It does some regression crap, draws a line through some dots and says the deflection point is at HR 183 speed 14 kph. There are 2 points where speed increases and HR remains the same or drops. At 168, my speed increases, HR stays the same, at 183 speed increases, and HR drops to 179 for the next measurement. When plotted agianst speed you definitely a deflection in the line at 183

Too me, 183 seems high for my LT and 168 is definitely low. I did the bike run of my last Oly at avg. 168 (forgot to start watch until T1). A couple months ago I did a Crit with an avg of 178ish, almost exactly 1 hour. The highest HR I've ever hit was 196 during the test and 198 during a solo break w/ 1 lap to go in the crit (right about then I blew up).

Did I do something wrong? Is 183 really my LT? Or is the conconi thing just wacked?
Quote Reply
Re: Conconi and determining LT [Fluffyjoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget your LTHR on the bike will likely different than (usually lower) your LTHR whie running...

At what point did you notice some of the subjective indicators of lacatate accumulation (burning sensation, heavy breathing, etc...)