Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Ok Clint Eastwood, thanks for clarifying. I used to have a similar attitude-- heavy into martial arts, getting into bar fights regularly and willing to throw down at any sideways glance. Thankfully my views changed, and avoiding conflict didn't bruise my ego. Call it "running away" if it makes you feel better, doesn't bother me.

Have a few buddies who ride: an FBI special agent (who was on the FBI SWAT team), a county sheriff, former CHP officer, and guy who did dozens of drug runner interdictions with the DEA while stationed in Keys with Coast Guard. I wouldn't categorize any of them as lacking courage. I also know the last thing any of them would do is pull a weapon on someone jacking their ride.

No you don't. You may ride with them (doubtful), but they aren't your buddies.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gshtrisport wrote:
Who said anyone is scared of guns? You don't have to be scared of guns to be anti gun! What I am "scared" of is a bunch of idiots out on their bikes with guns.

I am a former US Marine and also a former Deputy Sheriff. I have probably shot and or owned more guns than the average person in my lifetime and I am VERY anti gun.

I would say if you are so scared to ride that you have to arm yourself then maybe you should get a trainer and ride 100% inside
.

Why would I do that if I can just as easily carry a gun? You ever try to ride a trainer or run on a treadmill more than an hour?


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [HBB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the OP, I went and bought the Galco Underwrap at lunch. I'll tell you how it works on tonight's long run.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Troy B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Troy B wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
If you're scared of guns, maybe you shouldn't carry one.

I ask all my friends who don't own guns to do one thing.......tell me EXACTLY what you would do, if confronted with a life-threatening situation....and you aren't armed?

"Cower" is not something I will be relegated to. Your choice, though.


So if you don't carry a gun your only choice is to "cower"??? Seriously???

I'd ask you the same thing, tell me EXACTLY what you would do and not cower is not an exact answer.

I am pro gun but rants like this do nothing but make ccw holders look like vigilantes looking for a fight.

Get off my lawn regards.

Again, you obviously haven't read my previous statements. As a CHP (that's what we have in my state) holder, the LAST thing I want is a confrontation. But, in a life-threatening situation, I would match force with force.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for some to grasp. I'm just not going to forfeit my right to protect myself. I don't really care that you (general statement) do. It doesn't affect me. If you're just looking to stir the shit, you can continue to put words in people's mouths and come up with ridiculous scenarios of vigilante justice. But, they're just that............ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:
Troy B wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
If you're scared of guns, maybe you shouldn't carry one.

I ask all my friends who don't own guns to do one thing.......tell me EXACTLY what you would do, if confronted with a life-threatening situation....and you aren't armed?

"Cower" is not something I will be relegated to. Your choice, though.


So if you don't carry a gun your only choice is to "cower"??? Seriously???

I'd ask you the same thing, tell me EXACTLY what you would do and not cower is not an exact answer.

I am pro gun but rants like this do nothing but make ccw holders look like vigilantes looking for a fight.

Get off my lawn regards.


Again, you obviously haven't read my previous statements. As a CHP (that's what we have in my state) holder, the LAST thing I want is a confrontation. But, in a life-threatening situation, I would match force with force.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for some to grasp. I'm just not going to forfeit my right to protect myself. I don't really care that you (general statement) do. It doesn't affect me. If you're just looking to stir the shit, you can continue to put words in people's mouths and come up with ridiculous scenarios of vigilante justice. But, they're just that............ridiculous.

I've read every bit of it, in my eyes your bravado is just as ridiculous.

I'm not sure how and when I forfeited my right to protect myself. If by stirring the shit you mean disagree with you then yes, thats my intention. Is it yours when you do the same?

You never answered your own question - what EXACTLY would you do?
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Troy B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read it, again.

I answered your question.

If stating you would protect yourself and your loved ones (in a life-threatening situation) with (if necessary...as a last resort) lethal force = "bravado".....then I am guilty. That is ALL I have advocated for.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it quite comical the opinions expressed by those that do not know weapons, or have not had any CC training. Once any of you go through the course, you find yourself NEVER wanting to use it instead of these knuckleheads on here thinking we are all armed cowboys. Halfway through my course I realized what a responsibility it is, and one NEVER escalates or shows their hand. I had to decide if I really was ready for CC and what a responsibility it is.

I feel sorry for the sheep here in lalaland.

Let me know how the band works....
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I find it quite comical the opinions expressed by those that do not know weapons, or have not had any CC training. Once any of you go through the course, you find yourself NEVER wanting to use it instead of these knuckleheads on here thinking we are all armed cowboys. Halfway through my course I realized what a responsibility it is, and one NEVER escalates or shows their hand.
.

^^This is spot-on.

Out.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bud. Stay safe.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not afraid of guns. I am afraid of men with little self confidence, big egos, to much trust in their on tactical abilities and a notion that they and only they can restore order.

Member of Valhalla Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I find it quite comical the opinions expressed by those that do not know weapons, or have not had any CC training. Once any of you go through the course, you find yourself NEVER wanting to use it instead of these knuckleheads on here thinking we are all armed cowboys. Halfway through my course I realized what a responsibility it is, and one NEVER escalates or shows their hand. I had to decide if I really was ready for CC and what a responsibility it is.

I feel sorry for the sheep here in lalaland.

Let me know how the band works....

I actually have had the training, and taught similar training, for many years. I have also seen several "armed cowboys" as well as good responsible ccw holders. In my experience the ones who talk about it the most shade towards the "armed cowboys" as to those who don't.

Lions and sheep - sheep typically make more noise.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How dare you link me back to this thread, and having to read Forgie's Alpha Male bullshit again?
I've accepted it as fact: the Forge is THE man. He's strong (he can carry all the groceries in one trip only, and I can't because I'm only 140lbs),
he's manly, he's a real man and women collapse in awe when he walks by. Just bow to him you beta man peasant.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we should all carry guns to feel like real men! Heck I may even holster one when I'm banging the wife just incase an intruder comes in mid bang session.

If you think I don't have the right to protect myself in a dark intimate situation then you don't understand or own guns

This is merica!! All those other countries and their low murder rates ha!

FYI- I'm a veteran and yes I know weapons and am not afraid of them. I'm scared of the people who think they need them because they are scared of daily life

Hard work is faster then aero
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
I think we should all carry guns to feel like real men! Heck I may even holster one when I'm banging the wife just incase an intruder comes in mid bang session.

If you think I don't have the right to protect myself in a dark intimate situation then you don't understand or own guns

This is merica!! All those other countries and their low murder rates ha!

FYI- I'm a veteran and yes I know weapons and am not afraid of them. I'm scared of the people who think they need them because they are scared of daily life


There's nothing more irritating than someone criticizing or making fun of someone else for making a decision to defend themselves or their own family. I live in a good suburban neighborhood, yet just a few months ago a man walking his dog was mugged by an armed robber. Muggings don't happen often here, but I've since decided to carry my 40 caliber pistol when walking my dog, in addition to my usual pepper spray. Yes, this IS "Murica," and we're lucky to have those choices available to us. As for the high US murder rate, most of it's inner city gang violence.
Last edited by: DJFaithful: Aug 11, 16 15:37
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [DJFaithful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm buying a gun for home protection. I have two reasons. Hillary and Trump. Doesn't matter which clown wins, we are all doomed. I want to be ready for Marshall Law. :)

_________________________________
The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I find it quite comical the opinions expressed by those that do not know weapons, or have not had any CC training. Once any of you go through the course, you find yourself NEVER wanting to use it instead of these knuckleheads on here thinking we are all armed cowboys. Halfway through my course I realized what a responsibility it is, and one NEVER escalates or shows their hand. I had to decide if I really was ready for CC and what a responsibility it is.

I feel sorry for the sheep here in lalaland.

Let me know how the band works....

Seriously...you got "halfway" through the course before you realized what a responsibility it is to carry a concealed weapon?

I've never taken a CC course, have no desire to take a CC course but I know full well what a responsibility it is to carry a weapon.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
I'm buying a gun for home protection. I have two reasons. Hillary and Trump. Doesn't matter which clown wins, we are all doomed. I want to be ready for Marshall Law. :)

It's Martial Law. And good for you, I don't know whether you are joking or not, but we need more responsible people armed and you fit the bill. No I'm not joking.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Have a few buddies who ride: an FBI special agent (who was on the FBI SWAT team), a county sheriff, former CHP officer, and guy who did dozens of drug runner interdictions with the DEA while stationed in Keys with Coast Guard. I wouldn't categorize any of them as lacking courage. I also know the last thing any of them would do is pull a weapon on someone jacking their ride.

I'm not in America and the whole notion of killing someone because they want to steal your bike is insane, ending a life is a life changing event for all involved. To be honest i think a lot of it is just people being internet tough men.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:


Have a few buddies who ride: an FBI special agent (who was on the FBI SWAT team), a county sheriff, former CHP officer, and guy who did dozens of drug runner interdictions with the DEA while stationed in Keys with Coast Guard. I wouldn't categorize any of them as lacking courage. I also know the last thing any of them would do is pull a weapon on someone jacking their ride.


I'm not in America and the whole notion of killing someone because they want to steal your bike is insane, ending a life is a life changing event for all involved. To be honest i think a lot of it is just people being internet tough men.

Only because you let it. As a society we have become too accepting of violence against the innocent. We've even gotten rid of the most fundamental means of doing away with the human trash that would do harm, the death penalty. I'm not ok with criminals having their way with good law abiding people. More people should be armed and the stigmatization that many here are displaying needs to go. Thankfully with millions more carrying and that number only increasing, this stigmatization will become even less common outside liberal bubbles.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply


Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [DJFaithful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
surfNJmatt wrote:
I think we should all carry guns to feel like real men! Heck I may even holster one when I'm banging the wife just incase an intruder comes in mid bang session.

If you think I don't have the right to protect myself in a dark intimate situation then you don't understand or own guns

This is merica!! All those other countries and their low murder rates ha!

FYI- I'm a veteran and yes I know weapons and am not afraid of them. I'm scared of the people who think they need them because they are scared of daily life


There's nothing more irritating than someone criticizing or making fun of someone else for making a decision to defend themselves or their own family. I live in a good suburban neighborhood, yet just a few months ago a man walking his dog was mugged by an armed robber. Muggings don't happen often here, but I've since decided to carry my 40 caliber pistol when walking my dog, in addition to my usual pepper spray. Yes, this IS "Murica," and we're lucky to have those choices available to us. As for the high US murder rate, most of it's inner city gang violence.

I am not afraid of my house catching on fire, but I make sure the smoke detector is working.

I am not afraid of getting in a car accident every day when I get in my car, but I still wear a seatbelt.

I am not afraid of anyone causing me harm at home or in the streets, but I still own guns.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

Oh Dear God, I'm now on the wrong side of this one. I agree with Power13.

And I'm going back to my cozy liberal bubble.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

HAHA, I don't think I'll bother with HE MAN, THE FORGE, I've browsed enough posts in the lavender room.
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Yup.


http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Conceal Carry Recommendations [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 

Last edited by: Ironnerd: Aug 11, 16 20:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next