Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Training Program
Quote | Reply
I've had my computrainer for a little over a month now, and had the following observations/questions:

1) Awesome piece of trainining equipment. More info than I know what to do with. Spinscan rocks!

2) 3D is not all it's cracked up to be - I prefer the PC1 program - easier to use, faster to load, can calibrate in paused mode (using older software, not sure of the version, but it's not the latest 3d version).

3) Is anybody aware of how to convert files to a format usable outside of the computrainer (other than the Coaching software which is about $130)? I'd like to be able to analyze data in Excel or similar. Without the CS, I don't know how to analyze past rides. For anyone with the CS, how do you use it, and how much do you use it vs the other (PC1/3D) modes.

4) I've been riding road courses just to get back into the swing of things before the real training begins (I know I'm way behind.....). I've read the Friel manual that comes with the trainer, but was looking for advice on what others are doing for structured training (i.e LT intervals, hill repeats, etc). I basically need to do some baseline testing, then develop a program, and am looking for what others have found works.

5) What baseline testing do you do? AT using power? Ramps? Max HR?

Looking forward to a good year on the bike!

Thanks

Ron
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Training Program [rfarkash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3) The CT people have told me there is no way to do this. I have simply been manually transferring ride stats to an excel spreadsheet I have set up.

5) I have done one 30 minute time trial on a flat course and recorded average watts and time. I plan to repeat every 4 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This time of the year I like to train just by watts and listen to music instead of riding the CT courses. I warm up by increasing watts every 5 minutes until I am at steady state then I ride at the same watts for 30, 45 or 60 minutes. Sometimes I will up it by 20 watts for the last 10 minutes to see how it feels. I try to stand every 5 minutes. I have had my CT since 1995 and have found I don't feel excited about riding the courses when it really matters (ie in-season) if I have ridden them all winter, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a computrainer also and got a free six week off-season coaching package from the guys at tritrainer.com. All I had to do was mention their name when I bought it. Anyway, these guys have me doing mostly aerobic work (60 min 2xweek, 2hrs on the weekend) using different IM courses - usually pretty flat. Soon, I'll be doing a little more hill work to develop my leg strength.
Quote Reply