Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by noledmd
Re: Computrainer Software Fix [noledmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No sure on the fix, but purchasing PerfPro would be a lot cheaper than buying a new trainer! Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used Trainer Road for a very long time and prefer tha over the CT software anyway. It works flawlessly!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Software Fix [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. I'll check out the other software options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Golden Cheetah does a good job of supporting the CT and it's free.

+ bonus of analyzing your data after the fact
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noledmd wrote:
Thanks for the input. I'll check out the other software options.

I think you'll love it. I am a huge fan, it works perfectly and if you check out their thread here, it is widely used and loved by many on this forum. They also are incredibly responsive to communication. They also have an excellent set of podcasts that are full of great information. Hope you enjoy.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have my CT since 1999 been using Perfpro for past 5 years for specific training and Zwift for fun rides/races
also used for one year Trainer Road without any problem.

Too bad that Sufferfest isn't compatible anymore with CT newer version of their platform...

I still have plenty of videos that work with Perfpro. Tour of Sufferlandria was something that I was hook every year
but not anymore...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say the software locks up? What software? Racermate One? Coaching software? The older Computrainer 3D? Or the handlebar controller itself?

Does the CT work ok on it's own? Only the handlebar controller?

Most of the time, the only things that go bad are the DIN cable between load generator and handlebar controller, and the stereo cable between the handlebar controller and your computer.

If the CT work fine with just the handlebar controller. I would try a new stereo cable, and possibly a new serial to USB adapter if you are using one.

I am also assuming that nothing has changed, no Windows upgrade, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you reload and still have a problem it sounds like your computer has problems since the software worked before.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Software Fix [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racermate One. The CT will turn on, i can even launch the software and it will pick up the trainer and go through the calibration. The head unit seems to work fine during this phase. Once I go to the main screen to pick a course, the course will load but nothing after that. The timer doesn't start, it doesn't pick up the input from the trainer etc. All the connections seem good as they work during calibration. Computer seems ok as everything else works. I've been checking out the other options mentioned above and will try one this weekend. I just had some courses that fit my training quite well. I will miss those if this is permanent. Thanks to all who have responded and given help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double check that the CT works with just the handlebar controller. Use erg mode to ride for a bit, changing the resistance, etc. That would help rule out the DIN cable as the problem.

I had issues once where it worked fine for a while, then would lose all resistance, and it was the DIN cable.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Software Fix [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all who have helped with this issue. I put my hardware through the ringer this past weekend and everything checks out. Just a Racermate issue somewhere. I started trying out several of the other software options recommended and my CT seems to work fine with them. I'll settle on one of those and be back in business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you got it sorted out. I've been using a CT for decades and hopefully the one I now have will outlive me. The most bulletproof trainer ever. Enjoy.....
Quote Reply