Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Question
Quote | Reply
I read the manual cover to cover, and I can't find the answer. I could have sworn there was a way to stop in the middle of a course and start back where you left off next time you start up the software.

Am I mistaken on this? Anyone know how to do it?

I don't have time to ride the whole Cal Half course yet, but I want to work my way through it.

OK -- I'll correct that...I don't have the endurance to ride the whole Cal Half course yet...

Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian,

I'm new to using the Computrainer and wondered about the same thing. It would be great if you could just drag the mouse to the point you want to start. For now, I just edit the courses in notepad utility and cut out the part of the course that I don't want. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get it right but since you are working with copies of the course you can throw away the ones you don't like. It's pretty quick once you get the hang of it.

I can't remember where I read it but the new version of the software is supposed to have a "start from mile __" function.

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have two Computrainers in the store and have been wondering the same thing. If we could figure this out it would be nice. Where are the guys from Racermate?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an upgrade to the new 3D software. Details are at http://www.computrainer.com/html/improvements_to_3d_v3.htm

If you have the latest software and this patch, you can start a course at any point. You need to remember (or scribble down) how many miles into a course you are, but then you're set. There is a new box above the "Race Now" start button in which you put your starting point for the course (how many miles in you start).
Enjoy,
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [dre125038] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian, are you using the Clai half course created on the new Topo software? If so you probably already have the update. Just above the race now button put what mile you want to start at, push start, then before the countdown gets to zero, hit start again. Then it will take you to that mile. If you let it count all the way down, it will start you at the beginning like usual. The start has to be pushed twice. It's an awesome new feature.

Good luck,

Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [dennisr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I installed the new patch and the Cal Half course from the GPS software. Works as advertised. Thanks for the tips folks!

Now I've just gotta ride the dang thing a few times. Hmm...56 miles...with PCs on the bike...that'll be about 16 mph average speed...I guess 4 hours ought to do it...

Quote Reply