Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Pacer Shrunk.....
Quote | Reply
OK, this isn't a big deal but curious as to what's going on.

Was having "communication" problems with 3D; eventually solved it by turning off autodetect. In process re loaded 3D disc (same disc as had been using) but now the Pacer is about the size of a 9 yr old; before all this he was ~same size as the other rider. The speed/watts/drafting all works fine, but the guy shrunk

Any idea what happened/how to change it? No joy with instruction manual or Google etc.

Like I said , not a big deal but it was bad enough chasing him when he was an adult, now he's a kid!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Pacer Shrunk..... [Canaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure you didn't get bigger? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the view change? I have not used their software for a looooonnnng time but I do remember when the view would change and it had to do with how I set the pacer up, but pure guess.

FYI, I have a 12 year old CT that I run on an eight year old MacBook Air using the TrainerRoad Legacy program. The new TrainerRoad version does not work but they were great at keeping the legacy software available for now, and it works. Zwift worked great and I did enjoy it as reminded me of the CT software on riding around the scenery. However, it stopped working and tech support was helpful but we figure it came down to needing a new laptop, which is more than a new trainer.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, the view didn't change, the other rider (me) didn't get bigger, nothing changed except the size of the pacer and his bike. In addition to having the chase the little kid, he's so short that when he's drafting me it's tending towards being a little gross.

And this is not some sort of joke, the guy really is now about 1/2 size. I gotta believe that somewhere in the software there is some combination of "buttons" to push that somehow I accidentally pushed.

weird.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was a genesis software design. When there are only 2 Computrainer users left in the world the pacer shrinks to half the size. As soon as there is only 1 left Computrainer user left, he will disappear. Forever.

Perhaps it's time to jump in the time machine and start trying newfangled tech like Zwift, Rouvy, Trainer Road, Sufferfest... :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What operating system are you using?
What graphics accelerator?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Pacer Shrunk..... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Page 8
Pacer Functions

https://www.velotron.com/...14/05/RM1-Manual.pdf

Does this help?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Start Racermate software

Go to setup options

Click on options in upper right

In window that pops up, in the race against section, make sure the top pacer is selected

Edit: I just verified that this toggles the size of the pacer on my older Win 7 computer. Bottom one is the little pacer, top one is the normal pacer
Last edited by: jaretj: Feb 7, 20 15:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaretj

Thanks for the reply and useful info; it got me to the cause. It seems that if you use the pacer that is based on watts you get the full size pacer. I had switched to the" delay pacer" that sorta rides with you and you set the delay for him to react to your moves (I use HR to "pace" myself). When you use the delay pacer you get the little guy.

Thanks again
Quote Reply