Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer + Dell computer problems revisited
Quote | Reply
A while ago, on the old forum, there was a discusion about C-trainer problems with Dell computers. It seemed that the problem was with the Intel Extreme 3D Graphics integrated sound card. One of the posters said that Intel was working on a solution. Does anyone know if the problem has been solved? I just found out that I can get a really tempting deal on a new Dell computer through my company. I think I'll take the plunge if the problem has been solved. My old Emachine is making funny noises.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Mar 2, 03 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer + Dell computer problems reviseited [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's 99% solved. The previous problem was that the profile bar didn't show the rider's progress AT ALL along the profile and none of the data bar showed up on the screen. The data was transmitted, so you could review it after the ride, but you couldn't see any heart rate, speed, cadence, etc., data during the ride.

The newest intel drivers totally fix the latter problem. The former is almost fixed, except that the riders' location along the profile is indicated with a block that's 1/4" (estimate) wide, rather than a precise profile point. It's good 'nuff in my opinion. Before the fix, I just used the 2d exclusively. With the fix, I have switched over to 3d exclusively. I'd jump on the deal if it's a good one.

Also, in case you don't know it, there's a link from Dell's homepage to their refurbished stock. An inside source told me those are often in-box unopened corporate returns. I bought mine via that source, and it's been trouble free for 3+ months.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer + Dell computer problems reviseited [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help. I got home early today due to more lousy Eastcoast weather and was going to order the new Dell but the office I have to call is closed. I'll have to call tomorrow. I'll ask about this problem and what they know about the fix, but just incase, can you tell me where you got the drivers to fix the problem.

Thanks again, Jim sweeney

js140usa@optonline.net

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer + Dell computer problems reviseited [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.intel.com. And check your email, I sent you more info there.
Quote Reply