Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compressport fail - anyone else?
Quote | Reply
Two weeks ago they emailed out a sale...I made a small purchase on Feb 14.

Two weeks later still no word on ship date or arrival date. Emailed customer service and no response.

This evening, they emailed out (to presumably those in their customer database) saying they are going out of business. Still no word on said purchase.

Anybody else having the same issue, and anyone from Compressport checking this who can answer?
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [Dave79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whhaaaat??!!
That would suck.
I'll be watching this (as I'm skeptical).
Bummer if true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What country and/or site are you ordering from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave79 wrote:
This evening, they emailed out (to presumably those in their customer database) saying they are going out of business. Still no word on said purchase.

This is a pretty big deal. Would you mind sharing the text of the email you received?
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [dgran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recieved that email too. I'm shocked.

"(ಥ﹏ಥ) CompressportUSA.com is going out of business. 25% OFF!‏"

Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [cloud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting and unfortunate. Perhaps this is only the US operation. Every company does this a bit differently, but sometimes, in-country operations are wholly owned and autonomous from the parent brand/company. So Compressport may go on - just not operate in the U.S.

I will say this, their Pro cycling socks, in one word - outstanding! The ventilation on those socks with the mesh/sheer panels is extraordinary!

I'll also add that the sock category, in a few short years has become VERY competitive with many sock brands all with great product vying for space in what we now know is a fairly flat market. A number of those great sock brands are based in the U.S. and make their socks in the U.S. - a nice business story, actually. Imagine that - good stuff still made right here in North America! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Feb 29, 16 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck - good to hear the cycling socks are great....that's what I ordered and I hope I eventually receive them. Love the compression sleeves, heard good things about the other products.

Just wasn't sure if there are others who placed recent orders that are in limbo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave-
Just sent you a PM with regards to this.
Take a look.
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,
CompressportUSA is trying to get on the forum to respond but having a few issues doing so.
I'm sure they will address soon enough.
But in the meantime, just so you know:
Yes- CompressportUSA is closing.
The issue Dave is having is (in the words from CompressportUSA) "a very singular situation... either the person made the purchase from another e-shop or our system simply didn't processed the order for some reason.
Either way you know that we do care about our customer service!
If you could do us the HUGE favor of jumping in and tell this person just that and to contact us directly!
Much appreciated.
Thanks a lot!"
Dave79- you have the contact info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer. The best socks in the business.
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use the Forquads product while racing? Doesn't seem to be much mention of it on the forum since around 2013, but it is still available..
Last edited by: gibson00: Mar 7, 16 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've used forquads in my last few IM races; I really like them. Got my first pair in 2011, and 'Sports Pursuit' (UK discount site) had them at 54% off about 12 months ago, so I got a pair for what the average man on the street might actually think they're worth! I use them for recovery after long/hard runs too. I bought some of their wristbands at the IM Frankfurt expo too, as it was going to be 40 degrees, and put ice under them on the run.

Hopefully this is just a USA issue, as I do like their products.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a USA issue but unfortunately I have yet to figure out a way to get delivery to the USA.

Bummer. Wonder what in the world happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is good information for anyone trying to figure out why the compressport website is out of the full socks v2.1 that I am looking for, and seemingly everything else that could be a substitute.
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [millerxcrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 years later ?
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@pyrenean wolf,

Is there a better explanation?

I bought some at the IM Boulder expo in 2017 and now want to get another pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Compressport fail - anyone else? [millerxcrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
October of last year I purchased some quad compression sleeves from them via their website. Sleeves came in a timely fashion and they are a high quality product. I get my credit card statement and notice that they charged me twice for the sleeves, same exact amount twice on the same day. I sent them three messages through their website and called the only telephone number I could find and left messages three times {though the message sounded like someones personal phone rather than a business phone}. With no reply I contacted my credit card company and explained the situation and they credited me back the second charge. About a month later I see another charge for the same amount made by Compressport. I contacted the credit card company again who refunded me again and somehow blocked them from being able to charge it again.

It sounds like Compressport as a whole have a great product line but their business practices leave alot to be desired and are damn near criminal in nature.
Quote Reply