Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compex Elite vs Performance - which one to get?
Quote | Reply
Comrades - I need your advice which Compex unit to get. I would use it only for recovery and to relax tense muscles. Elite has extra massage and active recovery mode. Is it worth it paying extra just for those two. Anyone know what the real difference is between massage - recovery plus and active recovery mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Compex Elite vs Performance - which one to get? [orveusz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In an attempt to not repeat this question I'm bumping this up to the top. Interested in getting a Compex mainly for recovery. Seems most everyone uses active recovery which is available on all models. Are potentiation, explosive strength, recovery plus, and massage modes worth the extra $300 separating Performance vs Sport Elite models?
Quote Reply
Re: Compex Elite vs Performance - which one to get? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own the Elite version and have only used the active recovery option. Nothing else... I am not sure why I got that version and not a cheaper one. Not sure if back in the day, probably 3 or more years ago, they had another version.

Go with the cheaper one and get something else! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Compex Elite vs Performance - which one to get? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrote this on my FB page in response to the same question:
Quote:
I really like the recovery plus mode, which is only available on the Elite. But it's hard to say if that's "necessary." I mean, there's definitely some modes that I like and use - recovery plus and massage - that you can only get on the elite. But can you get most of the way there with the Performance? Probably. But that's a tough call. I've only ever used the Elite. So it's hard to know if I'd miss the modes I use if I'd never used them. I think the Performance is DEFINITELY worth it over the Edge. But the Elite over the Performance? That's a much closer - and more difficult - choice. If you can afford the Elite, I think it's worth it. If you're stretching on the Performance, I think it's more than adequate.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Compex Elite vs Performance - which one to get? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jordan. That FB response was actually in response to me. I've been on the fence about Performance vs Elite for awhile. I primarily will be using it for recovery and am torn between the two. As an MOP AG'er I'm trying to justify the Elite
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having had mine for a year, I find my go to mode is Recovery Plus. I feel that it is a better program for really getting my legs back in action sooner. Maybe if I would not have had that mode, I would not mind the benefits of Recovery as I would not have a comparison.

Bottom line is that I do prefer to use RP and massage occasionally. But in general I think the overall benefit of a recovery mode still plays a significant role in my recovery, regardless of which one is used.

Jeff Vanis' Blog | Challenge Family USA - Use code JVTRI15 to save 10% off your entry
Quote Reply