Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Imouttahere
Last edited by: Imouttahere: Jan 8, 19 15:42
Re: Come on Stryd... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty lame of them. Maybe less people are buying the whole running with power thing so they are now selling distance accuracy. They do quote fellrnr in the "what runners are saying..." section. Hopefully they talked to them, but even so, don't even throw a link to the research? That would only strengthen their claim.

I thought my Garmin 920 had better GPS then the "upgraded" 935 and fellrnr's research confirms this.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Imouttahere [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I actually posted the link with a comment to their FB add and they deleted my comment and have blocked commenting now.
Pretty unethical....

It is unethical. And the formatting decision to put two blank lines between each sentence in that "newsletter" is pretty horrid too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I actually posted the link with a comment to their FB add and they deleted my comment and have blocked commenting now.
Pretty unethical....

Oh yeah... Wow. Way to double down on that mistake. Would have been easy to say oh sorry! and add a credit.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jan 3, 19 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im completely unimpressed with my stryd. the power fluctuates so badly its not even a usable metric, and their marketing is questionable at best.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I clicked on this link and now my facebook feed is all stryde ads!
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
im completely unimpressed with my stryd. the power fluctuates so badly its not even a usable metric, and their marketing is questionable at best.

I haven't had this problem, I find my power number to be pretty consistent. I do use 10s avg as opposed to instant power, not sure if that matters.

As far as not giving proper attribution, that does seem pretty shaky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using stryd 4 months ago, but I really did not find it useful for my training.
the power does not vary is stable, but it is too stable, it varies very little for the changes of rhythm, wind seems to me that it does not take that parameter then it is complicated a little.
the data is on screen in my spartan, but I look at it, I keep using the rhythm to train.
I really have not found the use yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had some great results with the Stryd pod. It's consistent outdoors and indoors. And it'll tell you when a treadmill is lying, like the one I have at home. Anyway, few PRs and for the first time ever in a triathlon, I negative split the run at Challenge Daytona. I've pretty much figured out what my power is for each distance and then run to that #. It helps slow me down going up hill and then to pick it up when running flat or downhill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not surprised given the folks i've had interactions with over there. They aren't interested in being right, they are only interested in pushing "their way".

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I would love that however I have enough experience running to know whether a treadmill is way off or not. In this case, it wasn’t the treadmill. And I’m talking easily 1min/mi
Check out DCR’s latest treadmill speed review. Th nut, doubt the treadmill before you doubt the Stryd.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Francois wrote:
I would love that however I have enough experience running to know whether a treadmill is way off or not. In this case, it wasn’t the treadmill. And I’m talking easily 1min/mi
Check out DCR’s latest treadmill speed review. Th nut, doubt the treadmill before you doubt the Stryd.

Link?
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/01/treadtracker-treadmill-accuracy.html

Thx Brian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Once again I don’t care about whatever the treadmill shows. I know what pace I run at.

Then doubt thyself before thee doubt thy Stryd.

The Stryd has proved itself accurate in a variety of tests, comparisons, and environments. So, maybe something is wrong with yours, or your feel is off.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jan 3, 19 16:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Closed-minded or closed technology, slowtwitch decides at 11.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find my Stryd also very accurate. Sorry you feel slighted
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find mine very accurate as well. Most accurate way to track speed and distance inside. I'm still not sure how it is going to make me better. Was really hoping it would take me from 9 min miles to 7 min miles....not so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on Stryd... [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Ventum and Stryd must have the same BS marketing company. They both come off as dirty and underhanded in their efforts to reach out to athletes and sell their "bike 29 minutes" faster products. When the marketing claims are unethical, why would anyone trust the products despite some famous sports scientists involved in the effort?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've also noticed the pace seems off when using my stryd on a treadmill. I never look at the numbers on the treadmill itself, but stryd will tell me i'm running 10-11min/mi when jogging at an easy pace. Comparatively I actually find it difficult to run that slow outdoors on roads, where an easy pace for me would be 8:30-9min/mi.
Quote Reply

Prev Next