Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Colnago K One
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at the same bike that Rudy Von Berg rides. Does anyone know anything about it in terms of aerodynamics, weight, etc. I'm thinking of buying the frameset and putting my components, wheels and saddle on it. How about sizing? I'm 5'9" tall and think I'd fit a medium. Any input would be helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Colnago K One [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your fit numbers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was selling his. Just buy it and lower the saddle....you'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Colnago K One [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
What are your fit numbers?

Unfortunately, I was fitted on my small Argon 18 e112 several years ago, but was never given any data. My next bike, I'll have to get my measurements.
Last edited by: mwanner13: Nov 4, 19 3:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can measure your current bike to get your fit numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I'm looking at the same bike that Rudy Von Berg rides. Does anyone know anything about it in terms of aerodynamics, weight, etc. I'm thinking of buying the frameset and putting my components, wheels and saddle on it. How about sizing? I'm 5'9" tall and think I'd fit a medium. Any input would be helpful.

FWIW I don't think colnago has much interest in the U.S market (assuming you're in the US). I had a K-Zero that developed a hairline crack. The bike was just over 3 years old and had trained/raced 1 full and 1 half. Colnago's response was "we don't warranty frames over 3 years old". Fair enough, I would be a liar if I said it didn't rub me the wrong way considering I've had friends with various other bikes where the manufacturer stepped up and at a minimum discounted the replacement frame. The nostalgia factor was cool but from my experience, I'd look elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Colnago K One [mjbruiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjbruiser wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:

FWIW I don't think colnago has much interest in the U.S market (assuming you're in the US). I had a K-Zero that developed a hairline crack. The bike was just over 3 years old and had trained/raced 1 full and 1 half. Colnago's response was "we don't warranty frames over 3 years old". Fair enough, I would be a liar if I said it didn't rub me the wrong way considering I've had friends with various other bikes where the manufacturer stepped up and at a minimum discounted the replacement frame. The nostalgia factor was cool but from my experience, I'd look elsewhere.

Thanks for the feedback. That's a disappointing response from Colnago. How was the bike performance in terms of aerodynamics and weight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
mjbruiser wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. That's a disappointing response from Colnago. How was the bike performance in terms of aerodynamics and weight?

Honestly, it was tough to beat from a nostalgia standpoint. I put weight and aero on the back burner because... I watched the tour growing up. My PR6 is noticeably lighter. If tri is your thing just remember whereas colnago adheres to UCI rules*, brands like Felt, Specialized, QR, Cervelo & etc all have offerings that are designed to get you from point "A" to point "B" the fastest with disregard to UCI standards.

Side note: From what I'm told Colnago no longer makes their bikes in Italy. Brands like Specialized, Felt, & etc have been doing it long enough where the QA QC process abroad is more sound.
Quote Reply
Re: Colnago K One [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
You can measure your current bike to get your fit numbers.

Saddle setback 48.10cm
Saddle height 74.93cm
X 41.91cm
Y 66.68cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good choice! My K-One comes in at 8.4kg (18.5lbs) with carbon wheels in size Large.
So definitely much lighter than the QR PR6.
The K-One is designed for Pro Tour riding and is just a high performance bike, if you put the watts, you will go fast. I’ve tested a very good Cda in the wind tunnel which tells me the bike is very aero too.
And, the brakes work very well too (width adjustments) which is rare on TT bikes.
Definitely size Medium for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Colnago K One [rudyvonberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rudyvonberg wrote:
Good choice! My K-One comes in at 8.4kg (18.5lbs) with carbon wheels in size Large.
So definitely much lighter than the QR PR6.
The K-One is designed for Pro Tour riding and is just a high performance bike, if you put the watts, you will go fast. I’ve tested a very good Cda in the wind tunnel which tells me the bike is very aero too.
And, the brakes work very well too (width adjustments) which is rare on TT bikes.
Definitely size Medium for you.

Thank you Rudy! I certainly appreciate your feedback. You answered all my questions about the Colnago K One. Congrats on a very impressive race at the Ironman 70.3 South American Championship, and on a great season!
Quote Reply