Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is there any money on the line regarding which region wins and how you do in your individual race?

People like lange, Bakkegaard and Ditlev could literally just stroll in knowing their region won. Or at least just win but with zero margin saving legs for more important races?
I know it would be very different Id the race was more competitive. But EU had the win after two of the men's races
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
So is there any money on the line regarding which region wins and how you do in your individual race?

People like lange, Bakkegaard and Ditlev could literally just stroll in knowing their region won. Or at least just win but with zero margin saving legs for more important races?
I know it would be very different Id the race was more competitive. But EU had the win after two of the men's races

There's no money based on individual or team performance but there is PTO points on the line which can lead to more money from your end of season earnings
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:
cherry_bomb wrote:
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:
Laidlow walking now. Ooch.

Another Big Mouth Bass that can't bike and run! šŸ¤£

Sam and Lionel running each other into the ground.

Does it remind you of someone several years ago? :)
Everyone knows Laidlow now. He may not contribute to Europeā€™s overall win today, but heā€™s won on another level before the race even started.

I guess, if you define ā€˜winningā€™ as having everyone think youā€™re a bit of a prick who habitually over-bikes and has to walk the run (see also IM UK 2021, Edmonton, I think maybe others too)

Take a look at the support heā€™s received from European followers.

As todayā€™s results show (again) thereā€™s a lot about triathlon outside of the US.

ST ain't real life lol. We'll see if he even finishes.

does it really matter europe wins
and sanders and long are 3 min behind the winner .
and both long and laidlow and i hope pto will learn something from it .

Europe has to close out the win by winning the piss up and not going to bed early. They failed the fourth leg discipline and US took the trophy home in 2021. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

_____

So I think I don't like this format at all. Probably needs to be a two day event, too many races going on at once and you don't really get to see the races that are going on

Moritz events continues to fail to deliver the broadcast product they promised 3 years ago. No live splits, commentators not often being able to tell you the pace etc.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [gusthemuss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gusthemuss wrote:
lassekk wrote:

There's no money based on individual or team performance but there is PTO points on the line which can lead to more money from your end of season earnings

Thanks, that helps a bit I guess.
I would just worry the last few heats would just be jogs from everyone, because why should Aaron royle run all out when all is lost, as an example
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt J wrote:
Those of you that keep commenting that Sam Long is thin-skinned, all the trash talk is PG, everyone who has defended him is a snowflake, etc.

Remember you are only seeing a small part of the picture. Long has been taunted on social media by quite a few competitors over the past few years. At some point it has become personal. You donā€™t have access to his DMā€™s, you are not comprehensively following all the posts and different media channels.

Iā€™m okay with being characterized as a snowflake although no one has ever called me one to my face I donā€™t find it an insult.

To each their own, Iā€™m glad PTO is helping the athletes get paid, but I donā€™t think the mock WWF atmosphere is really serving the sport, but I imagine the benefactor and the money wonā€™t be around long.

context needed here, mate. do you have access to his DMs? why did all these competitors spontaneously start taunting him? etc etc.

seems like there's all kinds of backstory here.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laidow finished with Iden, ages after Long, and they hugged it out at the finish line, everyone smiling. Good thing for both of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [ALG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:
Laidlow walking now. Ooch.

Another Big Mouth Bass that can't bike and run! šŸ¤£

Sam and Lionel running each other into the ground.

Does it remind you of someone several years ago? :)
Everyone knows Laidlow now. He may not contribute to Europeā€™s overall win today, but heā€™s won on another level before the race even started.

I do know about him now and what I know of him is that his race sucked and he seems like a dick. Not a win in my book.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [ALG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
Laidow finished with Iden, ages after Long, and they hugged it out at the finish line, everyone smiling. Good thing for both of them.

Yes. The fake 'banter' had been to the detriment, imho.

Most of the athletes get on, respect each other and that's it.

Generating false antagonism is stupid and they should let it go.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed this, obviously their are things to improved on the broadcasting and information mainly, but a step in the right direction.
It had some good races, good performances and even controversy, even my kid was interested in what was happening. Iā€™ll take that as a good sign

Looking forward to the American open and hopefully a race in my region as i would love to participate.

Tridad
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thoroughly enjoyed this event and thought the broadcast was excellent. I got up early to watch the coverage, which started at 5 am local time, and watched the whole thing. (It helped that I was doing a long ride on the trainer). Kudos to the PTO.

Say what you want about the Long-Laidlow-Sanders beef, but I know I watched that match more closely than any other. I bet many of you did too.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
ALG wrote:

Agreed.

Holly Lawrence shut it down in the post-race interview when they tried to egg her on.

Lionel was the grownup in the room, both before and after the race.

Long definitely wanted to continue rubbing it in after the race which just speaks to his immaturity. You can say (like someone above in the thread) that we donā€™t know the whole picture, Sam Long gets crap fron a lot of ppl etc but the reality is: He puts the target on his back and if he wants to be a star and a professional, he should learn to handle himself in a professional manner.

His quip about the Aretha Franklin song reminded me of a 13 year-old who thought they had come up with a funny joke and waited all day to deliver itā€¦only to fail said delivery.

Again, hats off to Lionel who came out on top in the race and the PR-scape.
Last edited by: mkq: Aug 20, 22 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed this event and thought the broadcast was excellent. I got up early to watch the coverage, which started at 5 am local time, and watched the whole thing. (It helped that I was doing a long ride on the trainer). Kudos to the PTO.

Say what you want about the Long-Laidlow-Sanders beef, but I know I watched that match more closely than any other. I bet many of you did too.

I also watched the Mayweather v McGregor fight and then never watched boxing ever again.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [mkq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As predicted Laidlow was nowhere near the level required. Surely Europe had a better choice than him. Lange not great either.

Would hope Long would have just kept his mouth shut after. Aside from the fact he didnā€™t win and his team were pretty poor it would have crushed Laidlow if heā€™d just made a simple one liner and left it at that. The moral high ground can be awfully high in these scenarios.

Performance of the day? Daniela maybe since she was expected to be swept aside by Duffy? Blu putting Wilde in his place? Lionel rising above the children bickering? Spirig and Lawrence deserve some credit too after their selection caused conniptions.
Last edited by: ianmo80: Aug 20, 22 10:25
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
ALG wrote:

agree - it's not to my taste. for me, great racing and some looks behind the scenes at the personalities is enough.

but, i suspect that between last year's salthouse/lawrence 'beef' and now the 'battle of the sams,' the PTO might be deciding that the reality TV model is the way forward. i mean, they seem to be trying hard to create a broadcast product here.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paula Findlay had a very good day for 3rd overall. She ran slightly better/closer to Ashleigh Gentle than in Edmonton and was only out split on the bike by Daniela Ryf by 1:08. Gentle has upped her swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of "race within a race" to make it more enjoyable to watch than one big race.
However, if they had a full athlete tracker board that would show the times for each race, it would make it much better. Even with sparse timing mats it would give some perspective of how athletes are doing within a race and also allow to compare between the different races.

Also, Sam long is a baby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mkq wrote:
Changpao wrote:

I also watched the Mayweather v McGregor fight and then never watched boxing ever again.

Did you regularly watch boxing before the fight? Would you have watched a rematch? For me, and I imagine many others, the answers are ā€œnoā€ and ā€œyesā€. I mean, I donā€™t love manufactured controversy and I donā€™t think either Sam came out of this looking better, but I think a little trash talking and flaring of temper is good for business. A little spice mixed into what was basically a seven hour broadcast of a European rout made this event more interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam has not come up the hard way. He is the poster child of Boulder Colorado. As an athlete he is amazing but has no life experience for resilience. Hence, his immaturity and entitlement. As soon as their is adversity he has excuses or acts like a child. Laidlow is the same. They are the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was Spirit so fast?
4 min on Daniella, and another 3 to the next woman!?
That is kind of too good fitness to end a career on!
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
Sam has not come up the hard way. He is the poster child of Boulder Colorado. As an athlete he is amazing but has no life experience for resilience. Hence, his immaturity and entitlement. As soon as their is adversity he has excuses or acts like a child. Laidlow is the same. They are the same.

Care to elaborate on his lack of life experience and entitlement? You seem to have intimate details on how spoiled he was growing up? Mom and dad hugged him too much in his gold leaf swaddle?

Iā€™m honestly not a big Sam fan and find his personality a little hard to watch in his videos. The kid needs to learn when and where to spout his mouth, but lay off the entitlement BS.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
As predicted Laidlow was nowhere near the level required. Surely Europe had a better choice than him. Lange not great either.

Would hope Long would have just kept his mouth shut after. Aside from the fact he didnā€™t win and his team were pretty poor it would have crushed Laidlow if heā€™d just made a simple one liner and left it at that. The moral high ground can be awfully high in these scenarios.

Performance of the day? Daniela maybe since she was expected to be swept aside by Duffy? Blu putting Wilde in his place? Lionel rising above the children bickering? Spirig and Lawrence deserve some credit too after their selection caused conniptions.

Forgive me for I do not follow triathlon nearly as close as I once did but looking at the times that was one hell of performance by Spirig timewise. Did she do the same course as the men. If so she beat and handful of men.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Aug 20, 22 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
How was Spirit so fast?
4 min on Daniella, and another 3 to the next woman!?
That is kind of too good fitness to end a career on!

Seems Spirig did sub-8 half injured so itā€™s entirely possible her engine was massive coming out of that and sheā€™s now done some speed work is trending up as she recovers/after she recovered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mkq wrote:
bluefever wrote:
ALG wrote:

Agreed.

Holly Lawrence shut it down in the post-race interview when they tried to egg her on.

Lionel was the grownup in the room, both before and after the race.

Long definitely wanted to continue rubbing it in after the race which just speaks to his immaturity. You can say (like someone above in the thread) that we donā€™t know the whole picture, Sam Long gets crap fron a lot of ppl etc but the reality is: He puts the target on his back and if he wants to be a star and a professional, he should learn to handle himself in a professional manner.

His quip about the Aretha Franklin song reminded me of a 13 year-old who thought they had come up with a funny joke and waited all day to deliver itā€¦only to fail said delivery.

Again, hats off to Lionel who came out on top in the race and the PR-scape.

Long wanted to continue to rub it in? Yes -- very clear when he embraced Laidlow & told him that he's still one of the best in the world. Really not classy at all.

I think he's absolutely within his right to say that they put Laidlow in his place because they did. Sam Long did a lot of talking on his way to where he is now but most of that seemed aimed around building followers/a brand. Some pros told him he can't swim. But there still seemed to be a lot of mutual respect. Maybe he should have taken the last week less personal but it seemed like Laidlow went a little beyond the kind of stuff that's been thrown back & forth in the past.

Anyways, KB is the goat. Ditlev seems ready to perform at Kona.

After some anger at the captain picks for the European women, Spirig + Lawrence delivered. Spirig beat a lot of the men.

I think they messed up with this by making the US its own country. In golf it makes sense. In triathlon, it should probably be one of the European countries and then then two international squads. Idk.
Last edited by: dcpinsonn: Aug 21, 22 4:35
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:

Forgive me for I do not follow triathlon nearly as close as I once did but looking at the times that was one hell of performance by Spirig timewise. Did she do the same course as the men. If so she beat and handful of men.

Same course, and she actually beat 1/3 of the men!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know when will be a replay available online and how to access it?
Quote Reply

Prev Next