Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Coeur D'Alene or Victoria 70.3 will still be happening in 2019? Just finished IM Canada and am already planning next year's race calendar...
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3 [Lalishe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coeur d Alene 70.3 is on for next year - the current contract runs through 2020

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3 [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a CdA local and they say its on for June 30, 2019. (I did it last year, fun race) I'd be interested in Victoria 70.3 as well, along with Eagleman 70.3. Those are the other two 70.3s I'm looking at for next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oliver is a great Half distance option as well
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3 [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bringing this thread back.

Looking at doing one of these races next summer as a IMLP tune up (I live in LA). Anyone done both and have a opinion on them? I prefer the timing of Victoria to CdA, but am open to either. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3 [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking to sign up for this, would be the first time I've signed up for a race more than 2 months in advance though!
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3 [Pat314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat314 wrote:
looking to sign up for this, would be the first time I've signed up for a race more than 2 months in advance though!

Neither will likely sell out, let alone any time in the near future. You can sleep on it

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D'Alene and Victoria 70.3 [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve completed Victoria 2x (once in a relay) and CDA 2x. I will say that both races are well organized and I’m not sure you can go wrong with either. I sincerely enjoy both for different reasons, but here is my 2 cents. Others may have had different experiences.

Victoria: The race is not necessarily close to accommodations, and I will say that race morning parking/shuttling isn’t the best. It’s either neighborhood parking, or the shuttle. That said, I had no problems getting parked and to the start line. The swim is great, one clockwise loop. They moved the swim location 2 years ago, and it’s much better now. The bike is a really fun course, and kind of technical. Be ready for the hills in the last 10 or so miles. The run is pretty awesome—it’s a two loop (majority trail) run around the lake with some shady areas. Overall a really fun run course. I don’t do well in heat, so it suits me a bit better. I’ve had nice weather both races, but I bet it can be a bit inconsistent.

CDA: The village and swim start are right in downtown CDA near Independence Point. Race morning parking is simple; I’ve never had any problems. There’s ample parking in the downtown CDA area, but I know they also have shuttles running from NIC nearby. Swim is absolutely fantastic. One counterclockwise loop, very clear water. The bike is also gorgeous, with some sustained climbs. So be ready for gradual up and downhill sections. The run is a two-loop course primarily through the local neighborhoods, which makes it really fun. Lots of folks are outside of their houses with music, hoses, sprinklers, etc. Makes it really fun. The finish on Sherman Ave is pretty cool.

Primary differences come down to the bike course I would say. Victoria is a bit more punchy, more technical, while CDA is not technical, and has sustained up- and downhill sections. Both races are pretty great.
Quote Reply