Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cody Beals
Quote | Reply
Can we all just stop and recognize this athlete for his intelligent training, patience, and how he has been rewarded for everything he has done so well so far.

This guy is now 3-0 in Ironman races in the past year (got 2nd in a challenge full distance earlier this year).

He has been consistent in all distances he races, and smart with his race planning and training.

He passed on Ironman racing not to fulfill external pressure, but rather focused on his on goals and development first and waited for the right time.

He has been incredibly transparent (and smart) with his professional development (and spending).

Athletes of the future, if you want a model to follow Cody Beals is the one to follow.

This guy has a bright future in the sport and outside as well.

Congrats Cody, looking forward to your first Kona appearance!
Last edited by: 907Tri: Aug 18, 19 12:04
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, kona should be exciting this year. Does he handle heat well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and he has the dopest bike paint job ever!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
+1, kona should be exciting this year. Does he handle heat well?

I seem to recall an interview a while back (or one of his post race videos) where he states that he does. He certainly picks enough warm races.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome work, Cody has been a great contributor to this forum.

Very methodical yearly preparation. Like you say very patient.

I wonder who his coach is, maybe Lionel could get in touch with him.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He seems to be the diametral opposite to LS. Measured, methodical and scientific.

Hope he'll do well in Kona and the coming years.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
He seems to be the diametral opposite to LS. Measured, methodical and scientific.

Hope he'll do well in Kona and the coming years.

It's like he's a faster version of Jordan Rapp! Probably learned a ton from Rapp too! If you put Cody's brain in Brownlee's body, it might result in a sub 7:30 LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know he is with Team Wattie Ink. He is a pretty humble guy. He recently told a story, laughing at the irony of him running away from his first swim meet at 9 years old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cody Beals is very likeable. He's humble and works hard. For all the fanfare Sanders receives, it's pretty wild that a guy like Beals just flys under the radar. Hopefully, his success continues in Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of all, he's been coached by the guy who got Lionel 2nd in Kona then Lionel promptly fired. Must be sweet to keep kicking that guy's butt!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has been really fun watching this guy from his early days here, posting up the stories of the back of the pack pros, and making no money..Now he has taken his game to the front of the line, hope he is making some good bank now, and would love to hear some more of his stories with his penthouse view. He quietly gets it done, and this was the race of a lifetime. Hopefully he can have more of those, but this one day will no doubt be special when he is looking back on his long career.

Now to Kona to see what all the fuss in about!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this not a sign to Sanders?

His best result was under the guidance of a coach who has an athlete that beat him today.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See the posts from others above...

I was being a little cheeky 😀

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just commented in the Lionel thread that it surprises me that he doesn’t have a bigger fan club on here than Lionel. He used to post here a fair amount and still pops in every one in a while. Some of his posts helped me to the top tube mod to my old P2. Just always comes across as genuine and thoughtful. Has really interesting blog posts on training, money/budgeting as a pro, etc. The type of guy you like to see do well. Hope he continues to kill it out there which I am betting he does

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
Best of all, he's been coached by the guy who got Lionel 2nd in Kona then Lionel promptly fired. Must be sweet to keep kicking that guy's butt!

Seeing Cody beat Sanders back to back at Mont Tremblant has gotta put a smile on the face of Tilbury-Davis. And not just because he gets a cut of a bigger prize purse....

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He deserves much Kudos! I think he is smart as hell and has dealt with being overlooked quite well. My friend told me he had only a couple of people take selfies after the pro panel, unlike the many, many adoring LS fans.

He has proven to be a beast and I loved that he came her onto ST and answered a million questions. He's my favorite pro right now (sorry Jake...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Can we all just stop and recognize this athlete for his intelligent training, patience, and how he has been rewarded for everything he has done so well so far.

This guy is now 3-0 in Ironman races in the past year (got 2nd in a challenge full distance earlier this year).

He has been consistent in all distances he races, and smart with his race planning and training.

He passed on Ironman racing not to fulfill external pressure, but rather focused on his on goals and development first and waited for the right time.

He has been incredibly transparent (and smart) with his professional development (and spending).

Athletes of the future, if you want a model to follow Cody Beals is the one to follow.

Not only is Cody 3-0 in the past year, he is 3-0 in his career. Cody has never lost an Ironman that he has started. There is only 1 other person in history who can say that.

Are YOU in the Zone?
http://www.discomfortzone.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [mcoughlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcoughlin wrote:
907Tri wrote:

Not only is Cody 3-0 in the past year, he is 3-0 in his career. Cody has never lost an Ironman that he has started. There is only 1 other person in history who can say that.

If he wins Kona, maybe you can start making that comparison... He's been on a great roll and it's pretty exciting but comparing him to Wellington is a bit much at this juncture.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [mcoughlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was my pick for IMMT without question, but sub 8 on that course and a 2:42 marathon will send warning signs to everyone going to Kona. Impressive. I can’t believe this guy does not have the same profile than Lionel. Marketing I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right of course, but still a fun little stat :).

Are YOU in the Zone?
http://www.discomfortzone.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big time. Everyone talks about Lionel's comeback, but Cody had a pretty bad achilles injury which kept him out of Roth this season. Hats off to him!
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t believe this guy does not have the same profile than Lionel. Marketing I guess. //

Well yes and no. First of all it is about record and time in the sport at the top. I guess a lot of you forget that Lionel was minutes away from winning Kona, and has won numerous ironman and 1/2's for many years. Cody has yet to go to Kona, and like several dozen others, has 3 ironman titles to his name. Cody has just really arrived on the scene, and I think there is a ton of talk about him and his chances. But we dont anoint folks that are just breaking in, we need them to be consistent, approachable, likable, and been on our radar for awhile.

Cody is just about there, a good showing at Kona would hasten his celebrity outside the ST and Canada world. Lionel has done all those things I mentioned, with the added look into his personal training life. That with his results has set him apart from a lot of others, and on any given day he is a threat to win the big ones..So yes it is marketing to a degree, but you also have to have something to market...

Of course it has been a down period for Lionel, but that just feeds into the comeback kid story, so there is that too..Lionel is coming back, Cody is coming out...
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sincerely hope not but I wonder if coming out has hurt Cody with regards to getting sponsors or fans. I know that in 2019 it should be an non issue but I don't think it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the video of Cody dusting Lionel. Don't let anyone fool you that our buddy let up after the Kona slot was locked up. The Lionel Limp was very real on the back half of that run.

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be
Quote Reply

Prev Next