Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cobb Max road bike
Quote | Reply
Evening all
I’ve been using a Cobb Max saddle on my tt ride for 10 yrs and love it. But cannot get it to work on my roadie. Anybody making that saddle work for both? What position change did you make? I have moved it forward backwards and sideways and just not as good as a low end fizik that came on my road bike?
Thanks for any ideas other than it’s too high. 🤪

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb Max road bike [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience is that time trial saddles and road bike saddles don't mix. Your position on the road bike and triathlon bike are different. For example, I use an ISM PN 3.0 on my triathlon bike, but I would never use it on a road bike. On my road bike, I use a Specialized Power. These are completely different shaped saddles.
The fizik that came with your bike probably works better for you since the Cobb Max was never designed with road bike use in mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the Cobb Max on my roadie and the issue was that the nose was too wide when sitting in a road position. It caused one of my knees to have to track wide for thigh clearance and was causing knee pain.

FWIW, I currently use the Specialized Power saddle on my roadie, and the PN1.1 on my TT.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb Max road bike [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charleslo_99 wrote:
My experience is that time trial saddles and road bike saddles don't mix. Your position on the road bike and triathlon bike are different. For example, I use an ISM PN 3.0 on my triathlon bike, but I would never use it on a road bike. On my road bike, I use a Specialized Power. These are completely different shaped saddles.
The fizik that came with your bike probably works better for you since the Cobb Max was never designed with road bike use in mind.

Thanks for info. Trying to find a cutout saddle for my prostate after my doc suggested bc of some other issues
I will check out your setup

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mxblues98 wrote:
...I’ve been using a Cobb Max saddle on my tt ride for 10 yrs and love it. But cannot get it to work on my roadie...
There's no reason why the same saddle should work for both. They're different positions and should be. If the same saddle happened to work, fine - but if it doesn't, accept that and don't try and force it!
Quote Reply