Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coaching Advice
Quote | Reply
I am sure this subject has been beaten to death but I am too lazy to search the archives so here goes again. After many years training and racing in triathlon, cycling, running etc. Work, family and life in general have made getting in race shape tougher and tougher each year. I dont want to have to put too much thought into my training.When the work day ends, I just want someone to tell me what to do. My experience with coaches in the past is that they are either too conservative with their schedule and intensity. I assume liability has something to do with that. You cant tell a guy to go kill himself in a workout and then have him actually go dying on you! I have gone 9:59 in Kona and won my age group at most races I entered last year. I think I have a pretty decent base and at this point in my life I dont want to go out and start from ground zero. My other concern is that the training program is not too structured to be any fun. I want to be able to go out on the Swamis ride and mix it up with Jurgen, Macca etc and have that fit into my program. I also compete quite a bit in local crits and road races. I want that to fit in as well. I guess what I am looking for is a coach who can put together a training program that takes into account all the wacky events I like to do, Cyclocross races, Local TT's, the weekend crits, ride and ties etc. and get me ready for a few key Tris per year without getting injured and still have plenty of time for family, friends and work. Oh yeah and it has to be cheap, so my wife doesnt kill me ;)

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Coaching Advice [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Mike Plumb. Least expensive (Can't use the word cheap with Mike). go to www.tripower.org.

If you want more info, fire me an email, mpalios@mailer.fsu.edu
Quote Reply