IDIOT ALERT - UPDATE
The following is an email from Lois Cowan - Co-owner, Century Cycles
Due to a flood of e-mails, phone calls and letters, Clear Channel Communications and WMJI-Majic 105 in Cleveland have agreed to help correct the wrongs that their broadcasts caused last week.
Negotiations are underway and Clear Channel has agreed to a number of items revolving around:
- Running Public Service Announcements on all six of their stations in the northern Ohio market.
- Donating a substantial amount of money toward local bicycling causes.
- Helping with programs and events such as Safe Routes to School and public safety education.
- Supporting and promoting the America Bikes agenda with national and local politicians.
- Public apologies from those DJs who offended all of us with their anti-bicycling comments.
AS OF TODAY, FRIDAY JULY 18th, WE CAN STOP E-MAILING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEIR REPREHENSIBLE BROADCASTS.
Station management and the DJs understand that what they said was wrong. They are in the process of making things right, but for them to focus on turning things around we need to free up their computers.
Thank you for your quick response. It's great to see freedom of speech used in a positive way.
Please forward this to anyone that you may have sent the original Call to Action to so that the word gets out. If you are the administrator of a webpage or see the original Call to Action still posted on a webpage, please post this update as soon as possible.
33351 Aurora Rd
Solon, Ohio 44139