Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cinqo
Quote | Reply
For those who have used Cinqo for a while now, what's your take on it? Reliability? Consistency? Which computer to use? Things to know? Things of concern?
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my Cinqo. I've had it about 18 months. I use it with a Garmin Edge 705, which picks up the wireless readings 90% of the time. I use Sport Tracks to analyze the power data.

At first I had to monkey around with placement to ensure consistent readings, but got some good guidance regarding line of sight instantly from Quarq; one thing I will say about Quarq: their customer service is second to none.

The only downside to using a Cinqo or any other power meter: the numbers do not lie. In fact, they do not even occasionally flatter. So if you're as weak as me, your Cinqo will give you the bad news in black and white!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For those who have used Cinqo for a while now, what's your take on it? Reliability? Consistency? Which computer to use? Things to know? Things of concern?

Initial disclosure: I've been a "beta tester" for the Quarq folks for just over a year.
  • Reliability - check (mine, actually a prototype Saturn, has been flawless for over a year)
  • Consistency - check (I compared it for a long time to my "known good" PT Pro over multiple time durations and power levels)
  • Computer - That partially depends on your intended use. Right now, the 705 is the best "all-around" head unit, but triathlete's might want to consider the 310XT. That said, there's a plethora of computers soon to be released. See the new Quarq site for a listing (http://www.quarq.com).
  • Things to know, things of concern - not much to mention. About the only thing I would be concerned about is if you want to swap chainrings often...that might require sending it back to SD to have the slope recalibrated, although the Quarq folks have just recently released some "code" that could allow one to change that slope in the field if they were so inclined ;-)
  • Customer service? Unparalleled IMHO.
One other thing I might mention...if you want to use it on multiple bikes, it's been my experience that the SRAM crank model is VERY easy to swap from bike to bike once you have BBs installed in each bike. It's literally a 1 bolt, 1 minute operation to move the cranks.

That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about availability? I remember that at some stage, the delivery was along the lines of a few months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

They are very available right now. Jim sent out an email a day or two ago about what was in stock.

Their product is very stable, very well behaved, and accurate.

Their customer service is second to none.

The only thing I think that takes a little bit of sorting out is the magnet placement. If you have an external BB they make a really cool holder. If not then you need to attach it some other way (epoxy).

Alan

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom summed it up pretty well. If you get a cinqo you will not be disappointed. The customer service is impossible to beat. These are down to earth, awesome people who make a great product.

I will give my opinion on computers: get a 705. The only viable alternative is the 500 from garmin. These both have drawbacks but they are the best options. And I like the 705 more out of the two. I checked the Quarq website and the 500 is still listed as a "future" computer. I think people are already running that setup successfully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my CinQo in June, and a 705 as the computer. I love the setup. I had a wired SRM before, and I am happier with this setup.

I would NOT recommend the FSA cranks. My boyfriend got a Quarq with the FSA cranks about a year ago (it was the only one available at the time) and the chainrings are all worn out and flexy, and he will have to get a whole new powermeter according to Quarq. I got the SRAM S900 crankset, which is known to be a lot more durable than the FSA. So, just be sure not to get the FSA.
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [cour10ay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say when the Joule comes out that will be the better cpu for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Initial disclosure: I've been a "beta tester" for the Quarq folks for just over a year.
  • Reliability - check (mine, actually a prototype Saturn, has been flawless for over a year)
  • Consistency - check (I compared it for a long time to my "known good" PT Pro over multiple time durations and power levels)
  • Computer - That partially depends on your intended use. Right now, the 705 is the best "all-around" head unit, but triathlete's might want to consider the 310XT. That said, there's a plethora of computers soon to be released. See the new Quarq site for a listing (http://www.quarq.com).
  • Things to know, things of concern - not much to mention. About the only thing I would be concerned about is if you want to swap chainrings often...that might require sending it back to SD to have the slope recalibrated, although the Quarq folks have just recently released some "code" that could allow one to change that slope in the field if they were so inclined ;-)
  • Customer service? Unparalleled IMHO.
One other thing I might mention...if you want to use it on multiple bikes, it's been my experience that the SRAM crank model is VERY easy to swap from bike to bike once you have BBs installed in each bike. It's literally a 1 bolt, 1 minute operation to move the cranks.

That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head.

x2

I have the FSA and it swaps between bikes about as fast as changing the rear wheel. I am looking forward to trying a smaller computer at some point.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Last edited by: redtdi: Nov 26, 09 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [cour10ay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your boyfriend must be an animal. Mine still kicks ass after 18 months of use. Maybe my 278w FTP has something to do with them lasting so long? Also why doesn't your BF get other chain rings?

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so apparently I had a mild misunderstanding of my bf's situation... SO sorry for posting with incorrect facts.

Quarq actually said that he COULD replace the FSA chainrings, but he would have to send the entire unit back to Quarq for calibration.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend the FSA unit, although I am glad to hear yours is still going strong!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the Quarq folks have just recently released some "code" that could allow one to change that slope in the field if they were so inclined

Details?
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
the Quarq folks have just recently released some "code" that could allow one to change that slope in the field if they were so inclined

Details?

http://groups.google.com/...ope#e6273d50a4e99468

http://opensource.quarq.us/quarqd/

I'm pretty sure you'll need an ANT+ dongle to communicate with the CinQo. It also appears that the Golden Cheetah boys are looking at implementing a user interface shortly.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your boyfriend must be an animal. Mine still kicks ass after 18 months of use. Maybe my 278w FTP has something to do with them lasting so long? Also why doesn't your BF get other chain rings?

Ken

It may be his 5s power and not his FTP the reason he feels the flex. His FTP might be probably lower than yours if he was able to do that.

My son has been using the Cinqo Saturn since last December. There was a problem with the unit giving an erratic signal when used in heavy rain conditions. Quarq replaced the unit faster than any other replacement I had ever had. I mean very fast and that being in a foreign country. They have a great customer service. The unit has worked flawlessly since the change was made.

I am satisfied client. I do need to know if the Garmin 500 can be used with this unit that was originally on a 705. Has anyone done the change?

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I do need to know if the Garmin 500 can be used with this unit that was originally on a 705. Has anyone done the change?

Sergio

Any CinQos already in the field will work fine with the Garmin Edge 500. We've been testing a Garmin 500 since the end of September and it works great with the CinQo. It is much smaller than the Edge 705 and should be a great alternative to those who don't need all the mapping features of the Edge 705.

Garmin is telling us our first shipment of Egde 500s should be delivered mid December.

Mieke
Quarq Technology
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [mieke@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mieke, have you tested a cinqo with the new specialized ant+ computer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How about availability? I remember that at some stage, the delivery was along the lines of a few months.

I got mine through Richard Nixon @ fit2tri. Got a pretty good deal with his published discount code. It did take a couple of months for delivery, but I was also waiting for a Rotorcrank 3-D, so it was not all Quarq's issue.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
mieke, have you tested a cinqo with the new specialized ant+ computer?

No, we haven't gotten our hands on one yet. The folks at Specialized have some CinQos for testing though.
Quote Reply
Re: Cinqo [mieke@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mieke,

This might have been beaten to death in another thread, but if I'm running full Campy Record, what crankset seems to work best for your customers with that set up? I know FSA chainrings are finicky with shifting using a campy chain, but just wanted to see what you have found to work best.

http://www.facebook.com/ReconFoundationTeam
http://www.facebook.com/MarineReconFoundation
http://www.reconfoundation.org
Quote Reply