Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ciclosport Hac4 Plus vs Polar 720i
Quote | Reply
This is where I am right now : choice is between these two.

They both have : Heartrate, bike features, altimeter, thermometer, cadence, download on computer, ...

The HAC 4 also has power (but it looks to be more of a guess than actual measurement). On the other hand, you don't pay more to have this information. So price is an advantage on the HAC 4.

720i seems to have more accruate power measurement (but way more expensive), better possibilities with setting heart zones and you can download workouts directly from the computer.

Another advantage of the 720i over the HAC 4 is that you have a 4 sec. sampling rate (only a 20 sec. sampling rate for the HAC 4, which is the most disappointing feature on the HAC 4).

Does anybody use these computers or have more information on either of them ?

Thks a lot,

Laurent
Quote Reply
Re: Ciclosport Hac4 Plus vs Polar 720i [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, and I forgot, the Posties will use the HAC 4 for for the next two years, so I see it as a good sign.
Quote Reply
Re: Ciclosport Hac4 Plus vs Polar 720i [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went through the same comparison for a long time last summer and was minutes away from buying the HAC4, a price that includes the power option. I called Ciclosport to check on the one question I had, the claimed water resistance to 3 meters, most big pools are deeper than this. Their response - the HAC 4 is NOT water resistant. This claim was made by online retailers not Ciclosport. If you're going to use it only for cycling, like USPS, it's very appealing. If you want to train and race tri's with it, you can't swim with it.
BTW, I bout the Polar 710 and really like it, but still learning it too.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: Ciclosport Hac4 Plus vs Polar 720i [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input Barry.

The HAC4 watch does actually go to up to 3 meters in the water. So you can swim with it. I don't know about the belt though, this is maybe what you're refering to. I wouldn't use the heart rate fonctions during a race anyway (definitely not during the swim).

But I agree with you that it is one of the big + of the Polar 720i (or 710).

Btw, I found the info about water resistance of the HAC4 watch directly on their website, in the user manual of the watch, so it better be water resistant.
Quote Reply