Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O
Quote | Reply
Found this video of close-ups of chrissie's 0.0000001% body fat physique.....holy crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iGi-UfMeCk
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [medranom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not attractive at all. I'm not sure if it was because she was trying to flex and pose like in a body-building competition, but that is definitely not my cup of tea. I'm sure it's fast though.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i prefer my women with just a little more meet on their bones
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [matthilaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah no. Good for her, but no.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure she's devastated the peanut gallery doesn't approve.

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I am crazy, but I think she is totally hot. But then again I have no problem being chicked ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no problem with being chicked, either. Probably just gotten used to it.

Anyways, Im not at all attracted to her body, other than her front midsection which is quite nice. The rest of her is thin, but thats the demands of the sport. Look at the guys in this sport. If Macca were any skinnier he'd be invisible.

When it comes to Chrissie, her smile, her hair, her eyes and face are tough to beat. When she quits racing to have a kid, i hope there are pictures then. shes gonna be hot.

The best part is her personality though.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This ruins the crush. Bummer

~~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wk8E9Qe6s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hottest Female Athlete in the world!!

Chrissie is "The Shit!!"

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what kind of response you are seeking here but I'll play.

I have utmost respect for her as an athlete and greatly admire her endurance feats. Not that she probably cares at all , but her physique is probably not appealing to most men , including endurance freaks like ourselves. But thenagain , her goal is like ours , to get to the line as quickly as possible....and moreso , faster than any other female on the planet. Granted if she wanted to ,she could probably pack on the pounds and attune her physique to what is commonly desired by most males.

Terry

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [matthilaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting a mixed message. Eating is cheating. Thin to win. Slowtwitch hates fatties. Fat is bad. If someone suggests you have an eating disorder that is a compliment. But wait! Skinny is not sexy. Women should be sexy. So train hard, eat only when absolutely necessary, race to win but please try to look attractive.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Fittrigal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on.

it is kinda hard, for some women, to train all day and still worry about having curves. I met her in Timberman this year, her body is IMPRESSIVE. When you think about how devoted she must be to our sport to maintain that.... that is work. For a man, like Macca, not so tough. For any woman= I can only imagine what her training / nutrition must be.

Her spirit is even more impressive, just a great person. That body gets her to the podium, and that allows her to do remarkable work for many worthy causes. She is an inspiration, a remarkable human being, and if all that good heart comes in that 0.0000001% package, than good for her for making sure she crosses her T's and dots the i's - this sport needs her, and many less fortunate have been helped in the process.

Guess I'm just having my FITT shake for breakfast.... maybe for lunch & dinner too!! :o)

Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [juliegruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I met her in Timberman this year, her body is IMPRESSIVE."

No need to feel like you need to rant or be defensive. This was exactly my point. In general, female athletes have more muscular builds than the average male would find "attractive" but Chrissie is just so unbelievably fit and like you pointed it out, it's just a byproduct of how devoted she is to her sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No no, the implicit message from the crowd here can't be read in any other way than that women should try to stay the f''k away from manly mens sports and stick to the things they do best i.e. raise children and act as eye candy in the background.

Just a short rant before picking up the kid at day care ;p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wb interesting to find the still pictures from that photo shoot and see how they photo-shopped out the bandaid and made her skin all one tone. Love Chrissie, beautiful inside and out.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for your post...mixed messages for certain. I was about to lose it until I read your post. it's no wonder people are nuts.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's up with the bandaid?
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a requirement to post/reply/bash on this thread should be to include a picture of your body. Then we could see what a "perfect" body looks like ......

I'll take a women that has chrissies body anyway!

-------
HED. Cycling - Twitter @hedcycling - HED Wheel Selector iPhone App
Last edited by: Vince@HED: Oct 27, 10 4:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Right on.

it is kinda hard, for some women, to train all day and still worry about having curves. I met her in Timberman this year, her body is IMPRESSIVE. When you think about how devoted she must be to our sport to maintain that.... that is work. For a man, like Macca, not so tough. For any woman= I can only imagine what her training / nutrition must be.

Her spirit is even more impressive, just a great person. That body gets her to the podium, and that allows her to do remarkable work for many worthy causes. She is an inspiration, a remarkable human being, and if all that good heart comes in that 0.0000001% package, than good for her for making sure she crosses her T's and dots the i's - this sport needs her, and many less fortunate have been helped in the process.

Guess I'm just having my FITT shake for breakfast.... maybe for lunch & dinner too!! :o)

Yep, you're right, totally easy to lose all unnecessary fat and gain muscle in specific areas needed to win an Ironman as a man....like Macca. All men have this super power to easily shed weight and gain muscle in the blink of the eye without any hard work.

It's hard work, man or woman. Society has a specific image for both men and women that affects our job, income, and social lives.

James Brown was on target in the 60's and 70's, not so relevant in the 90's up to today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sir Mix-A-Lot ain't callin...
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [jkLundin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No no, the implicit message from the crowd here can't be read in any other way than that women should try to stay the f''k away from manly mens sports and stick to the things they do best i.e. raise children and act as eye candy in the background. "
--------------------------------
There are similar comments when a picture of Michael Rasmussen or Andy Schleck with their gaunt physiques are posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not about society, it's about personal choice. I admire her as an athlete and she has terrific discipline and spirit that make her an amazing person. But we all have physical traits we like. My wife is thin, but theres a line where thin is too thin. I understand many here are incredibly serious triathletes, but we're not quite that serious. If my wife got that thin Id be worried about her, even as we train for our IM this summer.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hottest Female Athlete in the world!!

Hope you are just kidding? Maria Sharapova? Jennie Finch? Kristi Leskinen? Allison Stokke? Natalie Gulbis? Leryn Franco? Chrissie definitely isn't known for her looks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Getting a mixed message. Eating is cheating. Thin to win. Slowtwitch hates fatties. Fat is bad. If someone suggests you have an eating disorder that is a compliment. But wait! Skinny is not sexy. Women should be sexy. So train hard, eat only when absolutely necessary, race to win but please try to look attractive.

Very nicely said.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the Medical/Ex Phys people, does an extremely low body fat % contribute to a suppressed immune system which could lead to getting the flu when stressed? Not that the week leading up to defending your Ironman title is stressful...

-------
Joe

Quote Reply

Prev Next