Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill
Quote | Reply
Saw this article about how heā€™d like to ā€œ...qualify for some Olympic teamsā€

https://www.cbssports.com/...eady-looked-into-it/

Those of you they know T&F, when is Olympic Trials and how does one qualify?
Gotta run a qualifying time? (like swimming?) (swimming is my background)
And, does he stand a chance at all?
Quote Reply
Re: Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't "know" T&F, but the rules seem pretty straightforward. run a non-wind aided 10.05 at a qualifying track meet by June 7th and he's qualified for trials. He "might" get in if he runs slower than that, based on his ranking.

Trials are June 19-28th.

https://www.usatf.org/...qualifying-standards

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He can always look into bobsled if track & field doesn't pan out :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hill probably has enough pure speed to be in the conversation of olympic qualifying.

The biggest difference though between "clocking a 40 time" and running the 100m in a track event is the gun start. When you run the 40, there is no gun start...clock starts on first movement so you can be much more aggressive with your first movement and step. There is no reaction time delay from hearing the gun to your first move.

Christian Coleman, who's personal best is 9.95, ran a 40 yard dash NFL style. On field turf, with no gun start and ran a 4.12. Hill's pro day time was 4.21. So assuming Hill can match Coleman's start off the blocks at an official 100m track event, he's at least going to be in the conversation. But that's a huge if I wouldn't bet a dime on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't look it up, but I would hope an athlete would have to be in the testing pool for at least a year prior. The NFL's policy is a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was one of the top 100/200 guys in the country as a high school senior in 2012. His 200 time of 20.14 makes him the 3rd best high schooler all time (behind Noah Lyles ā€˜16 and Roy Martin ā€˜85). He also ran a 9.98 while in junior college (though it was wind assisted)

To qualify for the trials he would need to run a non-wind aided 10.05 or 20.24. Qualification times need to be done between 5/1/19 and 6/7/20. The trials themselves are in Eugene at the end of June.

He has the genetics, but would have to put some really focused sprint (and skills) training in. I would say his chances of making the team are low. The US menā€™s sprints are pretty deep right now with Lyles, Coleman, and Bromell

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply