Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chicago Cervelo dealer
Quote | Reply
Looking to find a Cervelo dealer/ contact in Chicago,

I'm flying out to do Accenture Chicago without a bike and looking to pickup a Cervelo before the race - risky I know but hopefully will manage to pull it off!

If anyone knows of any reputable contacts please drop me a line,

Many thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Cervelo dealer [YFLMITITW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out mission bay multisport, a great triathlon store. they sell cervelo. ask for bill.

Fall & Winter Store Hours
M-F: 11am to 7pm
Saturday: 10am to 4pm
Sunday: Noon to 3pm

Chicago, IL 60661
(312) 466-9111

http://iron-boom.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Mission Bay - they have stores in Chicago and Elgin, and will, I imagine, be out in full force at the Accenture Expo. Believe they're the only Cervelo dealer in the area?

Good luck at Accenture...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mission Bay SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't stop with the bike! While you are there I'd pick a brand new running shoes and a wetsuit. make sure to pick something you never tried before. it adds some X factor to the race morning ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey you know you are #$%^ ;)

They seemed to be the ONLY dealer in Chicago, and i bet the bikes would be on sale at the expo ;) But now you posted here that old guys is sharp as a fox and knows you are going to chicago without a bike and will try to sell you one with a 20% price increase!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mission Bay Multisport. They have two stores in the Chicago area, one in Elgin and the other at 738 W. Randolph Street, which is just west of the loop. If I remember correctly the race transition area is at the end of Randolph street. Tons of bikes in stock and FIST certified.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my Cervelo @ Mission Bay in Elgin ... never been to the Chicago store. About once a week I visit the Elgin store to pick up something/anything with the real reason just to look at all those bikes ... mmmmm bikes. Bill is Elvis (per Slowman), but everyone there is very nice and very capable.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Cervelo dealer [njc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well when I lived there in 2002-2003, Straight-Up Cyclery in Plainfield also sold Cervelo, don't know if they still do. They are about an hour outside of Chicago and certainly don't have the stock on hand that Mission Bay does. Straight-up gave me good service, but I don't think they are quite as good as tri specific fitting, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Cervelo dealer [turtleherder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turtleherder, does your screen name come from Kingdom of Loathing?

oh... and on topic. I bought a P2SL from Mission Bay about a month ago.

Overall, it was a good experience. I've been back for adjustments and some instructions on how to use the screws in the horizontal bracket and other educational stuff and they've been helpful, kind and enthusiastic.

I also went to Mission Bay to get fit on an older bike earlier in the year and thought they were very good then too.

beyourownsuperhero
Last edited by: Action Figure: Aug 17, 06 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Cervelo dealer [Action Figure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the replies - it looks like (bar one) the majority says Mission Bay - so MB it is then.

And Swimfan, let's just hope the guy has a glimmer of triathlon hope/pity in his heart for the person dumb/naive enough to go to a race and buy a brand new bike the day before a race ( me;) .

Yes, it is dumb - I'm aware of the "don't use anything in a race that you haven't used at least X months before" rule. But I need a bike, don't sell 'em here so... rather than paying to fly out seperately and get a bike I figure it why not do two birds with one...

Now the only question remaining is P2C or P3C, to truly TT or not, hmmm the saga continues...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh and thanks IronBomb and njc for the address and the luck,

kudos.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Cervelo dealer [Action Figure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kingdom of loathing? Sorry I don't know what or who that is. My wife gave me the name because of what I do on my summer rides. I live on the Mississippi River and a lot of my riding routes follow the river. In the summer, when the turtles are out looking for a place to lay their eggs they routinley try crossing the roads and I can't stand to see them squished. So I stop and move them out of the way. When the babies hatch I will take them back to water if it is a long way. (My personal record for the number of turtles in my jersey pockets at one time is seven.) When I get back from the ride, my wife asks me how the turtle herding was. Thus the name.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up -- If you know what size you are, plan to be downtown next weekend and have it narrowed down to the P2C or P3C you might want to give Bill a call ahead of time and tell him what you thinking. Bill took care of me on my Cervelo and my Zipps as well (and he is great to work with!), but I didn't just walk in and buy. He had to get both the wheels and the frame from his Elgin store and then they built the bike to my specs.

He will be absolutely swamped the weekend of the Accenture race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
huh....and to think Bill "wasn't sure" about picking up Cervelo as a product line back in '98/'99?....he appears to be feelin' da love now eh? ;-)

....and don't worry about the "try something different on race day" with a new bike. I have watched SO many people show up at the MB booth prior to the race (and other bike shops at other races), end up buying a new steed, and do perfectly fine. Heck, wasn't it Karen Smyers who showed up in Kona and 4 days prior to Kona was given a Trek Hilo (when they first came out)?

Most of all...get your new toy...have fun...AND RACE 'TILL YA PUKE!

:-)

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply