Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Checking Di2 battery level on TT bike
Quote | Reply
Hey,
so on the TT-bike, the way to do it is to leng-press ANY shift-botton, right? (as opposed to on my road bike where i press two buttons at once)

Is it only me or does that generally also cause a massive multi-shift?
So you'd want to do it in a way that the derailleur is already maxed out to either side, right?

It just puzzles me that this isn't acknowledged anywhere in the manual or interwebs.

Or is there another way to check battery level without causing an actual shift?

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Checking Di2 battery level on TT bike [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why the heck don't they just show battery level upon single click of the button on the junction box? As far as I can tell, no other functionality is bound to that. (Adjustment is long-press and shift modes is double-click)

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just connect your Garmin / Wahoo to the di2 and you can then see the di2 battery level on your screen. May need a garmin D-fly if you don't have already to enable such communication - very cheap and super easy to install - You can also see other info while riding such as gear selection etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Checking Di2 battery level on TT bike [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
Just connect your Garmin / Wahoo to the di2 and you can then see the di2 battery level on your screen. May need a garmin D-fly if you don't have already to enable such communication - very cheap and super easy to install - You can also see other info while riding such as gear selection etc.

This is the best solution, but couple of points. You’ll need the Bluetooth Di2 transmitter piece, which most bikes don’t come with. Around $100 for the piece and you’ll also need a short piece of Di2 cable.

The Bluetooth transmitter isn’t compatible with the older Di2 units, so be sure to check before buying.

Highly recommended though. If you use synchro shift, the Bluetooth unit will tell your bike computer when the next shift will result in a front chain ring shift and beep at you, so you know to expect a longer gear shift.
Quote Reply
Re: Checking Di2 battery level on TT bike [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Garmin D Fly on a 2016 di2 system and works great. Plug and play.

https://www.sigmasports.com/...ess-Unit-2-Port/ENZ0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally put the Shimano mountain bike line of the junction A box on my TT bike instead of an EW90 or bar end junction as that has an display. It shows battery level, gear selection (both chainring and cassette) along with what shift mode it's in. It also has the Bluetooth wireless unit integrated into it to boot. Just press the button on the junction to turn on the display and I can see all of it.

Have the SC-MT800 and use and stem faceplate bolt adapter to mount it instead of on the bar (since there isn't room to mount it as it is originally designed with a TT base bar...at least on m bike).

Another bonus is when adjusting the derailleurs the unit displays the micro-adjustment position it's in. Helps out quite a bit and then I don't have to sit there and count if trying to remember a setup based on different wheels or direct drive trainer setup.

For my road bike I run the EW90 and experience the same thing of the shifter actuating the derailleur checking the battery level. Since I use manual shift mode I just use the front derailleur button instead of the rear so I don't shift the rear several gears.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Dec 1, 20 7:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
Hey,
so on the TT-bike, the way to do it is to leng-press ANY shift-botton, right? (as opposed to on my road bike where i press two buttons at once)

Is it only me or does that generally also cause a massive multi-shift?
Or is there another way to check battery level without causing an actual shift?

A lot of people I know press both buttons at the same time, making the shifts cancel each other out. It's not ideal, but it works ;-)

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply